The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 13, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

It's not nice. It's indifference.. way worse. Guys like Bo, Miller, Myers etc just don't care about playing a team toughness game or fostering pack mentality. If It doesn't come from the leaders it doesn't come at all

You're really reaching if you think Miller doesn't care. He's the same guy who caught hell from the more soft-bottomed Canuck fans and Vancouver pundits last season for being pretty much the only player showing emotion when things weren't going well, remember? You think he's changed now just because he got paid?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Actually, it's clear that Benning built a flawed team, but the responsibility is now on new management for not making any changes, especially for defense.

Hey, new management just copied Benning by re-signing Miller.

New management has validated Benning. Therefore, Benning as flawed as a GM as he may have been, he was very clearly operating in a way that another GM would've done.

Look at this mess that Allvin/Rutherford put themselves in. Re-signing Miller was such a huge mistake, and I called this from day 1.

Making no trades at the TDL and free agency told me that this new management was trash.

Who took Miller off the market 2 weeks before the 2022 TDL, because we were “chasing the playoffs”?  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Actually, it's clear that Benning built a flawed team, but the responsibility is now on new management for not making any changes, especially for defense.

Hey, new management just copied Benning by re-signing Miller.

New management has validated Benning. Therefore, Benning as flawed as a GM as he may have been, he was very clearly operating in a way that another GM would've done.

Look at this mess that Allvin/Rutherford put themselves in. Re-signing Miller was such a huge mistake, and I called this from day 1.

Making no trades at the TDL and free agency told me that this new management was trash.

If you thought this mess was going to be cleaned up in 8 months or less, you are beyond stupid and I have oceanfront property in South Dakota you may be interested in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

Depends on who replaces Bruce is where I’d be happy or not. Not a fan of some of his line combinations and playing Oel and Myers’s as any pairing in any situation is a joke. Miller should be on the wing and also not on the first PP.The Amman line is the only consistent line that works.

He has no other option other than oel and myers.  They were real good last yr.  They arent edler-tanev but only option we have.  Demko has made things worse

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Blindly blaming the owner is lame af. Benning whiffed on cap spending and JR and PA are stuck with at least a year or two to clean the mess before moving forward. 

Hahahahaha blindly blaming. hahahaha 

it’s like you don’t have access to sporting news. 

oh let me guess that’s all “ fake news” . Loololol

blindly blaming oh man good one I needed a solid laugh. 

Oh Benning  whiffed on way more than the cap. 
two years is pretty optimist to clean this shit pile up. that is if there even allowed, you know playoff revenue is more important. 

Edited by combover

Just now, aqua59 said:

He's starting to wear thin. He's becoming an issue.

Coaching is not the issue. New management is the issue. For all the big talk they made coming in, they have not done well. The changes for the sake of being progressive is not good. Hiring Granato was a poor choice, considering her resume was from Seattle of all places.

Everyone else is basically unproven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

I’ve never hated a Canucks team more than this one. A team that talked about promising to make the playoffs, becoming a contender, blah blah, only to fall flat in their face and continue to sh*t the bed game after game. 

Time to change the culture, and it starts from the top.  New management, new coaches. Bo needs to go.