The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[RUMOUR] Vancouver and Columbus in trade talks

7 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Is Adam boqvist any good?

22 RD 2.6 million struggled with health but 11 goals in like 55 games 

I have a feeling it’s boqvist CBj would trade, not peeke, jiricek, silinger 

Would be great t get Boqvist.  If f Bo goes we would need more than Boqvist though.  Maybe Bo for Boqvist + Cuelemns + Raslovic would be fair?  And maybe a conditional 2023 first?  If they sign Bo we get their 2023 first. 

1 hour ago, billabong said:

Friedman also mentions WSH is a team to watch when it comes to horvat 

Horvat has treated us with an opportunity we have had in a decade and that is trade a pending UFA when they are having a career year. It’s a golden opportunity to properly RESET this core.

He is a pending 40 goal scorer, 1B center, 55% on face offs and plays a playoff hockey style game soooo I want the moon

For example, If cbj wants horvat with an 8x8 extension in place the starting price is Johnson or jiricek (but that might be unrealistic) so then I want your next 3 strong young players 

To van: roslovic, sillinger, peeke or boqvist, 1st round pick 2023 (top 5 protected or moves to a 2024 unprotected 1st)

to cbj: horvat with an 8x8 extension  

We acquire a 2nd and 3rd line center, 2nd pairing RHD and a 1st rounder 

No the Canuck way it is he’ll walk for free!

32 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Is Adam boqvist any good?

22 RD 2.6 million struggled with health but 11 goals in like 55 games 

I have a feeling it’s boqvist CBj would trade, not peeke, jiricek, silinger 

Boqvist is awesome! He has a cannon of a shot and steps up as an extra forward really well. I’ve proposed trades to steal him away. The injury history and Columbus’ depth on young RHD might make him expendable in Columbus. Hasn’t broken out yet but I still think he could become a 50 point dman. Only problem is he’s small and we have Hughes and potentially Rathbone. I would start to worry about all our dmen being pushovers against big teams.

Edited by flickyoursedin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Boqvist is awesome! He has a cannon of a shot and steps up as an extra forward really well. I’ve proposed trades to steal him away. The injury history and Columbus’ depth on young RHD might make him expendable in Columbus. Hasn’t broken out yet but I still think he could become a 50 point dman. Only problem is he’s small and we have Hughes and potentially Rathbone. I would start to worry about all our dmen being pushovers against big teams.

In the modern NHL it’s more important D can think the game and move the puck that be big.  Just look at “Chaos Giraffe”.  Big guy, but dumb as a sack of rocks.  Too slow a thinker to move the puck effectively,  

Bo for Raslovic + Boqvist + conditional first (bo signs with them we get their first, if not we get their second) 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

In the modern NHL it’s more important D can think the game and move the puck that be big.  Just look at “Chaos Giraffe”.  Big guy, but dumb as a sack of rocks.  Too slow a thinker to move the puck effectively,  

Bo for Raslovic + Boqvist + conditional first (bo signs with them we get their first, if not we get their second) 

no, we need top prospects not secondary ones.  

3 hours ago, billabong said:

Horvat has treated us with an opportunity we have had in a decade and that is trade a pending UFA when they are having a career year. It’s a golden opportunity to properly RESET this core.

He is a pending 40 goal scorer, 1B center, 55% on face offs and plays a playoff hockey style game soooo I want the moon

For example, If cbj wants horvat with an 8x8 extension in place the starting price is Johnson or jiricek (but that might be unrealistic) so then I want your next 3 strong young players 

To van: roslovic, sillinger, peeke or boqvist, 1st round pick 2023 (top 5 protected or moves to a 2024 unprotected 1st)

w Ould be very happy with the trade you propose, although raslovic is from Columbus so they might not move him I would even accept slinger + peeke or boqvist + 1st + cap dump, I would accept this even without the 1st

4 hours ago, billabong said:

We had the same opportunity with Miller a few months ago.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

52 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We had the same opportunity with Miller a few months ago.

Kinda…A lot of that was chatter amongst Canucks fans not actually factual on the market value 

horvats trade value is higher than millers ever was…Miller is viewed as a winger by the league while horvat is a bonfire C who ever everyone highly  values 

6 hours ago, billabong said:

lol trading horvat we ain't resetting the core.. it's a straight up rebuild.. do people really still hold on to the hopes that we can retool and be good enough in the next year or 2 before Miller starts dropping further in production? i'm ok with a rebuild burn it all down

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol trading horvat we ain't resetting the core.. it's a straight up rebuild.. do people really still hold on to the hopes that we can retool and be good enough in the next year or 2 before Miller starts dropping further in production? i'm ok with a rebuild burn it all down

Trade Miller too.  Both No and Miller for futures.  Proper reset around the young key core guys.