13. Mikael Pyyhtia (C)
14. Jordan Dumais (RW)
15. Samuel Knazko (D)
16. Kirill Dolzhenkov (RW)
17. Aidan Hreschuk (D)
18. Jacob Christiansen (D)
19. Sergei Ivanov (G)
20. Nikolai Makarov (D)

I would think Jiricek is their number 1 prospect. Given where he was drafted, his pedigree and how well he's looked at his age, plus his position. 

If we are trading Bo Horvat to them I would hope we are getting a blue chip back one of Jiricek or Johnson. Which I doubt we would.

So we would probably get: Roslovic, 1st, Ceulemons

IF we were trading them Miller getting Kent Johnson would be great return for miller 1 for 1 honestly and with Nyqvist back or whatever they want.  

But Miller for a 1st and Ceulemons with Nyqvist I do in a heart beat too.

I dont know Kent Johnson might not be a C and when it comes to defensively minded he is not. He is a great playmaker though something Bo is not. But I think he will be a winger long term.

In a scenario we were able to get him and say we tanked for Bedard. Having Bedard-Johnson duo would be something else. Would need a Mikehyev or a power forward type with them I think. (Head in clouds dreaming)

I could see a trade with Columbus happening though for sure. With one of Miller / Horavt they have a lot of pieces to move on RD and C.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Unless he wants out, I'm not buying that Horvat is on the market.  Regardless, CBJ is right up against the cap and won't be able to afford either of them

The same thing can be said for Miller too, especially he and the Canucks were actually committed to each other long term this summer.

How come so many people are suggesting Miller in this thread? 

1 minute ago, stawns said:

this season and next for an $8.2m rapidly declining asset?  I'd rather not, personally.  Maybe for Miller, but not Horvat

It's not as bad as it looks tbh. While being the asset they'd need to move out it's not as if we couldn't benefit from taking Voracek on. For example, Voracek but up 62 points in 79 games as a BJ last season. 6 points in 11 games this season.

Say we take him back as part of a package for Bo or Miller, not only is he a short term asset but we could retain 50% and flip him out this season or next if he continues to produce. And if he doesn't, well, it's just one more season after this one. 

Short term headache, potential assets back for Horvat or getting out of 7x8M in Miller. Taking Voracek back to make a trade happen is a no brainer imo. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The King of Kings said:

The same thing can be said for Miller too, especially he and the Canucks were actually committed to each other long term this summer.

How come so many people are suggesting Miller in this thread? 

Management has already made their decision with Miller…I would be shocked if any team takes him off our hands.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, x00x said:

bo's young, why not? hes a good player (of coarse not enough to turn things around, but enough to build around him) , personally rather dump myers , miller and boeser....before i trade bo unless the deal is to hard to pass up by columbus

Horvat turns 28 in less than 5 months.

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Columbus would be a great trade partner for Vancouver.  They have lots of young prospects at RHD.  Jiricek is the prize, but they also have Ceulemans.  Peeke would be good as well and can play right away.  Kent Johnson, the local boy would be a good fit here. 

I'm all about Jiricek.

Wanted him at the draft.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

It's not as bad as it looks tbh. While being the asset they'd need to move out it's not as if we couldn't benefit from taking Voracek on. For example, Voracek but up 62 points in 79 games as a BJ last season. 6 points in 11 games this season.

Say we take him back as part of a package for Bo or Miller, not only is he a short term asset but we could retain 50% and flip him out this season or next if he continues to produce. And if he doesn't, well, it's just one more season after this one. 

Short term headache, potential assets back for Horvat or getting out of 7x8M in Miller. Taking Voracek back to make a trade happen is a no brainer imo. 

62 points, but 6 goals in 79 games.  They've got Boeser for that

1 minute ago, stawns said:

62 points, but 6 goals in 79 games.  They've got Boeser for that

Voracek is more of a playmaker(closing in on 600 assists) and if the goal is to get out of Millers contract it’s 1 year can 7 years next season. He can also be flipped next TD. 

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

Why would Columbus go for Miller, with his age and the long term contract, while we all know Horvat is on the market?

Locked up little Johnny same age (window) 

Miller is locked up no risk of him not resigning less uncertainty 

Hes from Ohio 

They where rumoured to be interested in him in the summer 

Flip side to your question why would horvat resign with CBJ 

when he can go anywhere and to a true contender this summer not a team that’s currently as bad as us. 

Edited by combover
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1