The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nov23/22 Vancouver Canucks(6-10-3) @ Colorado Avalanche(11-5-1) in Ball Arena at 7:00pm PT SNP SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

39 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Demko has also had lots of offensive support…. He’s been in net for almost every single multi goal lead thats been blown this season…. 

Martin has played better. Glad he's in tonight. In his small sample size between this season and last, he's done extremely well against top teams. No slouch. Kid obviously has a lot to prove. It's too bad Demko is struggling because we're actually solid in goal. 

• Cheers 2

what a mess, I feel so frustrated for these guys they just cannot figure team defence out, Kuz, Miller, Boeser have major lapses in their own end, Myers and OEL have aged out and lost a step, this management group has it touch so does Bruce, trading Bo is not the answer, giving Miller massive money was also not great but hindy 20:20

48 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Fair enough.

The way I understood it, and what was largely reported was Linden wanted to build the team and steer the franchise down a different path than ownership. Linden wanted a slower, methodical proper rebuild while ownership wanted a faster, more on the fly approach. Linden was against frivolously trading picks for veterans that may help the team short term  while sacrificing prospects and young player inventory into the system. Essentially, Linden wanted full rebuild...others did not. We can assume the "others" were Aquilini and Benning. This is reaffirmed when you look at how the two managed this team, doing exactly what Linden didn't agree with. 

This is my recent realization,  that it was Linden who had a thought out a restructuring plan to rebuild away from the Sedin era. We wasted our 2nds and LE too. We tried to buy our way into the playoffs which put us back another 5 years or so. 

I was looking at the UFAs around and available at that time. And if we grabbed Shattenkirk and Helm who were available at a very good price. We could have signed both for a lot less than LE combined. They would have been a good stabilizing veteran presence to help us through the growing pains of rebuilding.  But no, we hung our hat on LE, big money wasted. And we can't say what the 2nds we lost could have meant to our rebuild. 

Linden deserves an apology. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

This is my recent realization,  that it was Linden who had a thought out a restructuring plan to rebuild away from the Sedin era. We wasted our 2nds and LE too. We tried to buy our way into the playoffs which put us back another 5 years or so. 

I was looking at the UFAs around and available at that time. And if we grabbed Shattenkirk and Helm who were available at a very good price. We could have signed both for a lot less than LE combined. They would have been a good stabilizing veteran presence to help us through the growing pains of rebuilding.  But no, we hung our hat on LE, big money wasted. And we can't say what the 2nds we lost could have meant to our rebuild. 

100% Agree....buying our way into competing and post season seemed to be the (flawed) strategy.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, JamesB said:

Enjoyed the Boudreau pre-game interview, as always. He is always engaging to listen to.

One point I noticed was that he was asked Myers and he said "you guys ask tough questions". That is only a tough question if Myers is playing like crap (which he is), which makes it tough to give an honest answer without throwing the player under the bus. There is a good article today on Canucks army about recent trade talks involving Myers--suggesting that Myers trade value is now more negative than it was in the summer (not surprisingly).

I think Myers' best chance to have any on-ice value is to play with Burroughs on the 3rd pairing, as is happening tonight.  Tough game for Burroughs to come into but I am just glad to see him on the team. This time I hope Bruce lets him play for a few games. I cannot understand the decision-making that had Stillman ahead of Burroughs.

Myers will have trade value once his bonus is paid in the off season leaving only 1 million in actual salary.  If the Canucks retain to lower his cap hit he could be very enticing.

Problem is he has to play out the season but realistically I shouldnt be holding out hope for a turnaround until next year anyways

• Cheers 3

Who else thinks, loss number 11 coming up...

Just like the game against Vegas, their D and D coverage will let them down....

will take a bloody miracle for them to come out with a loser point....

a very dark xmas coming up for the Nucks...

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

Myers will have trade value once his bonus is paid in the off season leaving only 1 million in actual salary.  If the Canucks retain to lower his cap hit he could be very enticing.

Problem is he has to play out the season but realistically I shouldnt be holding out hope for a turnaround until next year anyways

Draft will it happen then for a 2nd or 3rd and prospect?  

Maybe a 1 st late if we are lucky.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Because we've never got an explanation about Trev. Not saying we needed one but the Silence about some of the decision making says a lot. 

Basically 1 of 3 things.

Each related:

1) Trev was not happy Ownership didn't want to build the team the right way, through the draft. And did not agree with taking short cuts. So he resigned. 

2) Possible conflict of interest between Trev being a developer and Aqua's being a developer. Trev did the right thing and resigned before giving the club a black eye. 

3) Trev was not happy with not choosing to rebuild through the draft. Didn't want to slam his head against a wall. And wanted time to be a Dad with his son Roman. 

So he left to spend more time with this family. And spend more time on his own businesses.

Possibly all the above.  

• Cheers 2