The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Tomorrow is US Thanksgiving.  Tonight was the Canucks 20th game.  Approx the 1/4 poll of the season.  7-10-3 17 points -9

I think that the panel tonight was right, if they go on a run of say 5 wins, they could be right back in a playoff battle but even so, it would be really difficult. 

I am still of a mind that if they move 3 of the right players out (and 3 useful players in), the outlook for the team could be very different.  This is not to say that the job would be done at that point.  It's a never ending process.  What is really important is that they evaluate properly and don't make moves that will set them back like the Miller signing.  Allvin has made mostly decent moves.  It's interesting how it took a small cap dump (Dickinson) in order to create the room to trade for Bear.  I thought that Horvat played really well tonight and if this type of play becomes the norm for him, that they need to sign him.  

5 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Tomorrow is US Thanksgiving.  Tonight was the Canucks 20th game.  Approx the 1/4 poll of the season.  7-10-3 17 points -9

I think that the panel tonight was right, if they go on a run of say 5 wins, they could be right back in a playoff battle but even so, it would be really difficult. 

I am still of a mind that if they move 3 of the right players out (and 3 useful players in), the outlook for the team could be very different.  This is not to say that the job would be done at that point.  It's a never ending process.  What is really important is that they evaluate properly and don't make moves that will set them back like the Miller signing.  Allvin has made mostly decent moves.  It's interesting how it took a small cap dump (Dickinson) in order to create the room to trade for Bear.  I thought that Horvat played really well tonight and if this type of play becomes the norm for him, that they need to sign him.  

So you don’t agree with the Miller signing but you would support signing Horvat?

• Upvote 1

Classic example of a good team taking their opponent lightly, and losing because their effort was sub par.

Like way back when we had a great team that would lose to bottom feeders like Edmonton and Toronto.

I'm sorry, but please don't take this as a sign the Canucks don't actually need to rebuild.

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 2

10 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol so you think the canucks are winning because of goaltending?? and not the 4+ goals they are scoring from the offence?? damn Martin's W/L is so good he's one of the best goalie in the league he should win the vezina and hart trophy right?

At 4w   1t  1L  you can’t pin the wins totally on Martin.  But you can’t pin the losses on him either.   Hope that helps. -_-

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, chon derry said:

At 4w   1t  1L  you can’t pin the wins totally on Martin.  But you can’t pin the losses on him either.   Hope that helps. -_-

lol of coz you can't pin the losses on him.. if he's losing when his team is scoring 3,5,8,6,2,5,4 goals every game.. if u are still losing.. then u shouldnt' be in the nhl

when your team have to score 4+ goals for you to win.. it's definitely not the goalie that's winning you the game..

Edited by wai_lai416
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol of coz you can't pin the losses on him.. if he's losing when his team is scoring 3,5,8,6,2,5,4 goals every game.. if u are still losing.. then u shouldnt' be in the nhl

when your team have to score 4+ goals for you to win.. it's definitely not the goalie that's winning you the game..

At the end of the game if the score sheet has a W in the win column that’s all that matters and the sole reason you play the game. The score board works same way. Neither one of those dissects the score it only reflects the win. a win is a win is a win ………. If you want to look at it under a microscope have at er.

• Cheers 2