The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Colorado Avalanche | Nov. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

7-5-1 in our last 13, and thats with 3 of those games easily winnable but choked by goaltending. Could have been 10-2-1.

The fact of the matter is that this team in front of us, is far better than its record dictates. 3 points out of the playoffs and finally figuring it out, with 62 games left, don't be surprised to see your comment age like milk. 

If Demko gets his game back to Double Bubble level (like he's proven he can before) then we will win a lot of games.  Martin was not exceptional last night, yet we played well enough to win.  This club will be as good (or bad) as Demko.  But do we want a team that needs to have super elite goaltending to win?  Or do we want to build a team that can be so good it can cover for average goalie performances?  

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

But are you watching the games?   Martin made two saves Hasek would have found very tough last night ... both teams hit posts - and if you glance at the sheets you think COL dominated but they also had a 4 minute then 5-3 power play - of which Martin stopped all but one shot ... and there were 5 the first minute.   Demko in net last night, even playing like we did last year, we might  lose that game.    Demko this year he's not even as good as Markstrom was when he first came in, letting in softies but at least followed up by shutting the door.   Martin is doing his job for sure, Demko is not.    This team isn't as bad as the standings suggest ... suspect defending, a tough schedule and bad goaltending and terrible PK (which really also has to do with goaltending as well) scuttled which probably should have been 5 of 7 wins at least.   Those ten points, where would we be instead with them? 

Like I said Martin was good last night I never disputed that. But again overall he’s been below average this season and I never denied the fact Demko have been horrendous. But to say goaltending is the reason why Martin is winning and Demko is losing is laughable. When the team have to score 5+ goals in majority of them in order to win. Easy to say Martin wouldn’t have given up the soft goal. Just as easy as I can say maybe Martin wouldn’t made some of the saves Demko made either. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I feel for him. The refs last night were absolutely horrendous. It’s hard on the players too when they have to deal with rules changing on the fly it seems like. 

Makar’s honestly a sweet individual, if he’s pissed off, you know you screwed up. 

2 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Like I said Martin was good last night I never disputed that. But again overall he’s been below average this season and I never denied the fact Demko have been horrendous. But to say goaltending is the reason why Martin is winning and Demko is losing is laughable. When the team have to score 5+ goals in majority of them in order to win. Easy to say Martin wouldn’t have given up the soft goal. Just as easy as I can say maybe Martin wouldn’t made some of the saves Demko made either. 

Yup.  The reason we have such a bad record is all on Demko.  He's our (by far) most important player.  He must play well for us to move up in the standings.  

Interesting how badly the Soilers are doing badly too.  Bad goaltending is a killer. 

8 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

its not really Makars penalty but the player rushing the puck that used him as a screen. Makar sits but the fault lies with i think it was Mackinnon carrying the puck there.

7 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I feel for him. The refs last night were absolutely horrendous. It’s hard on the players too when they have to deal with rules changing on the fly it seems like. 

Makar’s honestly a sweet individual, if he’s pissed off, you know you screwed up. 

The interference penalty is on YouTube.

I think the Refs got the call right.  Makar was still skating (moving)…so it wasn’t “his space”.

• There it is 1

Just now, -DLC- said:

This team CAN win against top teams if they apply themselves fully. Stay engaged and determined and not let up.

I feel like they're starting to understand that they can't play scared to lose, they have to really go after the win. Fight for it.

I think the stuff Bruce has been working on with them, reinforced by Schenn's "chat" with the team are starting to sink in.

We need Double Bubble Demko to win.  Martin was good last night.  Demko is our "key" player.  

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

We need Double Bubble Demko to win.  Martin was good last night.  Demko is our "key" player.  

Thing is, a goaltender who plays well can really build on that. We do need Demko to be better for sure but, right now, at least we have Martin who's getting the job done. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Also, Elias Pettersson is turning into a quasi-shutdown center before our eyes. I am blown away by how much he's committed himself to the defensive side of the game this year. He's morphing into a very complete player.

Power Rangers White Ranger GIF

• There it is 1