The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) NSH looking to trade a Dman (Fabbro)

RWJC

Not the ideal guy, I'd rather pry someone from CBJ or one of LA's excess RDs, but wouldn't want to give up too much. Fabbro has had his issues, we'd need someone who will out-perform Bear, Schenn and Myers, not sure if Fabbro is an improvement on Bear or Schenn to be honest. He's playing bottom pairing minutes and has for quite some time, we need a 20 minute guy.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Not too sure if Fabbro is what we need.  But if the cost is a guy like Garland (so we save cap too) then that’s fair.

Garland for Fabbro

Get up from your nap JR; there’s a trade to be made! :frantic:

Really dont mind this trade. Could take a gamble on Fabbro if the price is Garland. This way, we dont have to decide every game to waive Podkolzin or Hoglander. 

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

When it comes to D construction I still believe you need some reasonable size on the back end. Without Myers we're def smaller. Fabbro isn't tiny but he's pretty average in both height and he's on the lighter side. My concern with Fabbro is that we'd be acquiring another guy we're simply hoping can be a top 4 guy for us, we've already got two such players we've paid for in Dermott and Bear. He's not a surefire top 4D, and I think that's gotta be a concern given we've already got a few of those we've invested in. 

If the idea is to play him with Hughes, who's also on the smaller side, I wonder if he's big enough. I'm admittedly not all that interested in Fabbro though, he doesn't strike me as someone who's a tier above the other hopefuls we've brought in. 

Honestly at this point, I'd take smaller but safer guys like Fabbro over big but problematic players like Myers.  Myers either gets deked way out of position (when he's his gangly Giraffe self) by smaller guys, or his hard hits get penalized for being high (if he reverts back to his Tyler Minors days), and this season I've seen more of the former, likely the reason why he's on the 3rd pair.  We can acquire a banger later, just think we should solidify things fundamentally first with safe RHD to complement the more mobile LHD.  Something like Stillman - Fabbro could be a solid shutdown duo?

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Another guy better than OJ… f**k.. why?!

Because Benning thought he was a super scout and would go watch a player for a weekend and decide he knew better (from that brief viewing) than his scouting department who had been watching the player for years.  

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Because Benning thought he was a super scout and would go watch a player for a weekend and decide he knew better (from that brief viewing) than his scouting department who had been watching the player for years.  

World Juniors dupe a lot of GMs and scouts every year.   Beware players that move up that far in the standings, over one good tournament.   Pool party, Laine and OJ...only one worked out kind of. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If Nashville were to free up some cap space I'd consider a Myers for Fabbro swap, but Myers just had his best game of the season against VGK.

Made a pinch then raced back to fix it...chaos mitigated!   For every dumb pass or play, you don't notice the long stick that avoids a sure goal, or a smart play on the boards to take a star out of the play as much.    Bear and Burroughs in and things have been working for now anyways  ... Stillman should be waived as soon as Dermott is ready 

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If Nashville were to free up some cap space I'd consider a Myers for Fabbro swap, but Myers just had his best game of the season against VGK.

They are trying to trade a D and need scoring.  What possible motivation would they have for trading f to acquire an inefficient contract for a guy who plays the same position (and badly)?