The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Kris Letang out indefinitely after having stroke

Rate this topic

Having two strokes in a career is scary. Hope he recovers well.

He clearly still loves the game, but honestly at this point he should probably just retire. 35 years old with almost 1000 games played and 3 Stanley Cups, he has nothing left to prove worth risking his health and possibly life. Having one stroke might be freak chance, but two is a pattern. Pretty fantastic career if this is the end.

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

I've seen nothing linking these strokes to Letang's playing career; thus am unsure why he should retire for his health's sake?

Retire to spend time doing other things I get, but I seriously doubt hockey is what has caused his CVAs

Depends on the stroke and where it happend. Mine was the back of my skull near the neck. It effected my balance. It was small but enough to muck me up I had to relearn to walk, and that took 4 months to go without using a cane.

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

This is insane. Strokes are serious business. I lost an aunt to one and my grandmother has been paralysed by one for the past 10 years. Hard to believe this young man has had two already. Also a bit wild that he's already thinking of returning. Nothing keeping him from what he loves I guess. 

Hopefully a speedy recovery.

2 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

It's the water. Letang with multiple issues. The young fella in Philly the other year also had major heart issues. Get better Kris, Godly player and seems like a great person as well!

He was born with a hole in his heart so strokes were always a risk, especially in the profession he’s in.

10 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Kris Letang with his first goal since returning from stroke!

Pretty incredible.  His family must be super supportive, cuz I couldn't imagine my wife being too happy with me continuing with my career if we already have millions in the bank. 

• 3 weeks later...