The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

11 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I agree, its a balance on how his mood is, how professional can he be, how it impacts the team, tbh he should suck it up and play his but off cuz he is being paid millions and he is not doing his job as best as he could.

Not everyone has the same emotional capacity.  Everyone process' emotions differently and its clear Brock is an empathetic person who's had quite a bit of tragedy happen to him.  His best friend died in a car accident before going pro.  His dad passes from cancer.  He tries to do good, helps out a special needs kid who's a big fan of his and I'm sure there's more he does that we don't know about.  This "suck it up and play" is a bad hold over from the previous generations work force.  Kinda sucks if you dad dies and your boss tells you to "suck it up and play your ass off".   All the money in the world ain't gonna bring his Dad back.

24 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Funnily enough my comment applies more now than it did then. CDC really is way too harsh on the guy. Lol.

yup

I still feel the deal was fair. 
Hes the same player 45-60 points struggled defensively and has had heath/durability issues.. 

but the scapegoat mentality

like they feel this teams better with out a player that’s .8ppg. 

I’m ok with trading him The team once again  missed the mark . 

he along with pearson miller garland and others should have been moved at the last TDL or though the summer. 
we need cap. 

he a good player and he’ll make whatever team he goes to better. 

Edited by combover
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Brock's been playing well since the "scratch". I'd rather just keep him if he can keep this up. Seems to be a real wake up call for him.

Here's to hoping this team can go on a tear and transform into what we know they're capable of. I really don't think we need a full tear down but just need to get rid of dead weight (Pearson, Myers, Stillman, OEL, and I'll throw Garland in their due to his cap hit). If we can replace all those guys with younger hard-nosed players I think we could be a solid team.

Only snag is OEL is immoveable. Not that no one would want him but I don't think he'd be willing to move at all with his NMC. But even Myers, Garland, Pearson, Stillman gone creates $15M in cap space.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

-14 is a stat that cant be overlooked.  On a team that scores this much, to be -14 is beyond sad.

He's a symptom of a group of forwards who don't check. Petey is one of the most gifted forwards, yet he never has an issue with back checking.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He's a symptom of a group of forwards who don't check. Petey is one of the most gifted forwards, yet he never has an issue with back checking.

-14  when hes not even playing against the opposing teams top players. 

if that doesnt make you realize hes not a fit here, nothing will.  

1 hour ago, jyu said:

Absolutely. If we can improve on the defensive side of the game, both in terms of defencemen and forwards with high defensive skills, the team could go places.

Fixing those issues won't be easy though because of our cap situation. That's why people are worrying about 2 years later. But I agree that we should focus on today's problems. That's Bo's contract either it's a trade or a re-sign, and clear some cap space via trade to accommodate his and Miller's new deals. And we go from there.

I hope they also revisit the "is Miller a long term fit here" issue personally.

If I had my way, we'd move him before Bo. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He needs to be a much better goalie, he's been in the league for 6 years now, getting pathetic at this point.

well he cant even skate with the puck, according to the local Howie Meeker, so how is he supposed to make a save?

Edited by Darius
  • Haha 1

This is probably the wrong time to trade Brock, when his market value as a player is deflated relative to his supposedly bloated contract.
I suggested it in other threads, but I think if we flip him say to Nashville (fringe playoff team lacking scoring, have an RHD in Fabbro to trade) or NYI (similar situation re: scoring, their guns have stopped scoring but they have Barzal who's primarily a playmaker and we get someone like Beauviller in return) we could really regret when the guy who was worth formerly pennies on the dollar returns to the full dollar, plus he's still young and has term.  Of course, someone like Beauvillier (speedy, versatile winger) could have the profile of a younger JT Miller and he could fit as the 3rd member on the Miller-Horvat line, but in terms of where it counts (scoring) I could see trading Brock come back to haunt us as he finds his form again.

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Thats brocks fault you see...he is so bad it distracts the goalies from making the save...

Why does brock have far and away the worst plus/minus on the team?  Why does he have the worst plus/minus out of every forward in the league?  

There is so much delusion on this board.  

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Why does brock have far and away the worst plus/minus on the team?  Why does he have the worst plus/minus out of every forward in the league?  

There is so much delusion on this board.  

I don't know, bad luck?

Jeff Schultz, a journeyman defenseman, had the best +/- in the league years ago. Who cares?

• Cheers 1