The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Nux have given permission for Boeser’s agent to talk to other teams

RWJC

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

I fully understood the 1 year sooner.

Still 1 year though when we need cap next year to sign players and make changes though. 

But maybe he could be a deadline deal after too. But I have a hard time visualizing aa top 6 with 5/6 being lefties if Horvat is resigned.

Tyler Bertuzzi would be the same issue.

Zero interest in Bertuzzi, and I reckon he's not interested in Vancouver. Too much baggage with that last name even if it's not his baggage. 

A Mantha trade doesn't really help us with our current cap crunch but it would free up about a million. There are no easy fixes to our cap scenario though, any Boeser trade almost certainly has cap coming back. Freeing up significant cap is a hard thing to do given how capped out much of the league is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Rasmussen from the Wings - solid 3C, big and skates. Fills a C need when Horvat is gone (allows Horvat to be dealt for picks or stud D man)

Wouldn't that mean Rasmussen becomes our 2C if we trade Bo, tho? (Please don't say Miller will be our 2C.) If we do make that trade, I would think management would sign Bo and Kuz with the savings and find another way to fix the D. 

25 minutes ago, BureBurrito said:

Rasmussen from the Wings - solid 3C, big and skates. Fills a C need when Horvat is gone (allows Horvat to be dealt for picks or stud D man)

That’s a perfect target for us. However cap wise it may be hard for them to balance this trade out. The one other guy I think of is Dvorak in Montreal. He has played 2 c before and is a solid 3 c. He is around 4.5 mil in cap compared to Boesers 6.6 but Montreal has decent cap space. Both are signed for 3 seasons, including this one.

Dvorak has established himself more than Rasmussen but the one thing I keep thinking on with Rasmussen is you could possibly add in Zadina as both haven’t panned out how they hoped. Both players cap would be around 3 mil which would then fit for Detroit cap wise. Boeser is still a 50-60 point player I hope we don’t just trade him for chump change.

Anyways interesting idea. I like it better than the other one that was mentioned earlier which was a swap for Mantha in Washington. That guy not a fit for this team. We need center depth, like you said in case Horvat does get traded.

19 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Whatever happened to the Sanheim rumors? I'd take Sanheim over Mantha everyday of the week. At least he expires at seasons end. If we're gonna look stupid at least get two years cap savings instead of just one. And we get D help.

Philly extended him, doubt he goes anywhere

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/flyers-travis-sanheim-agree-to-eight-year-50m-contract-extension/

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

When did agents do GM's work?

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I know? Weird. Are agents shoveling JT and Aquaman'a driveways while they're at it? Lol.

The team giving the agent permission to seek out a trade simply means that; while the team is open to the idea of trading the player if it helps the team, the team itself is not actively shopping the player.

5 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Boeser isn't even underperforming. In what world is 0.8 points per game for a 23rd overall pick underperforming? He is better than Mantha in everyway. It's not a trade that makes sense for us. Unless the goal is to try compete. Cause if Mantha regains his form, why would we trade him? You don't think the team will see him playing good and think "hey maybe we can make a run."

And not to mention we already don't have room for Boeser, why would Mantha be any different? He's literally a worse Boeser. So somehow he's magically gonna find his form here despite being stuck behind a bunch of other wingers? If we're moving Boeser it better be for prospects or a mid 20s top 4 D that needs a change of scenery. Not for a distinct downgrade winger that CDC thinks we can EA and trade for prospects at the deadline for no reason.

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If you’re only looking at points, sure he’s performing. Scouts look at other things than points though. They’re looking at things like his skating and board battles which have been pretty weak this season.

On a team that’s scoring almost 4 goals a game players are going to get points. You need to look at context.

Also Boeser wants a change of scenery so you have to make a deal. You’re not getting a young top 4, you can give up that idea right now. You’re not making a trade without taking an underperforming player, that’s just the way it is.

Mantha can provide scoring in the top 9 and we get out of the contract one year sooner than Boeser.

Be prepared to be disappointed if you think this is bad value. Teams don’t value Boeser as much as Canucks fans.

The idea would be hoping Mantha can bounce back. Given he's struggling more than Boeser (and has a lesser resume) maybe WSH adds a pick to make it work.

The goal for Boeser should be get some kind of asset, even if that means taking back a contract. Maybe Mantha could be turned into a good pick(s) but he'd have to regain form & it still wouldn't be easy with his cap hit. 

I don't mind the idea as I've always found Mantha intriguing, but as a straight up deal it seems like a downgrade both performance & contract wise to save 1 year of a deal. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, RWJC said:

Thanks for the link.

Interesting takes.

I will be unimpressed if we end up dealing Boeser for Kapanen. 

I’d be friggin’ ecstatic if we can dumperoo Boeser and return as good a player (on half the cap cost) as Krapanen.  I think we’d have to retain of Brock and add sugar to make that trade happen though.  

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’d be friggin’ ecstatic if we can dumperoo Boeser and return as good a player (on half the cap cost) as Krapanen.  I think we’d have to retain of Brock and add sugar to make that trade happen though.  

Like you state…Krapanen.

I just believe we can get something serviceable with a Boeser trade, like a pick, rather than a disposable asset that  Is just accessory to a cap dump. 
This franchise should be focusing on acquiring draft picks. Stock that shit. 
We’re going to need to accelerate the depth of the prospect pool very soon.

If we’re retaining, then let’s take a decent hit and acquire the best possible pick we can as well in that sacrifice. 

If we start retaining that also should signal that the band aid era is over and mgmt convinced FA we are going to go liquid on assets to build up inventory. 

until FA changes his mind again.

Edited by RWJC

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

The team giving the agent permission to seek out a trade simply means that; while the team is open to the idea of trading the player if it helps the team, the team itself is not actively shopping the player.

I recall a rumor said that multiple potential Miller trade proposals broke down because the Canucks did not give permission to the Miller camp to talk to the other teams.

Thus the potential trade partners didn't know the ballpark of the long term deal that Miller was looking for.

Imagine if the management gave the Miller camp the permission to talk few months ago ... 

5 minutes ago, The King of Kings said:

I recall a rumor said that multiple potential Miller trade proposals broke down because the Canucks did not give permission to the Miller camp to talk to the other teams.

Thus the potential trade partners didn't know the ballpark of the long term deal that Miller was looking for.

Imagine if the management gave the Miller camp the permission to talk few months ago ... 

Imagine if “our owner” allowed a Miller Trade that returned futures.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

To pit: boeser, rathbone 

to van: kapanen, pettersson, 2023 1st round pick 

who says no? 

kapanen has 1 more year at 3.2m but he brings speed and needs a fresh start because he’s a better player than his current play 

pettersson has 2 years at 4m left and solidifies our left side for the next couple years while picking up a high pick 

the money is almost identical but we shake up our group and add a 2nd pair D and pitt gets the best player in the deal 

hughes-schenn

pettersson-Myers

OEL-bear

stillman-Burroughs 

• Cheers 1