The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Arizona Coyotes at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 03, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I guess it really depends. Was last season an anomaly for Seattle, or is the way the Kraken are playing now, they are living up to their potential? Or is this season a mirage for Seattle? 

That's the fun of sports. Even with everything looking perfect, luck and 'any given sunday' plays a part.

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

The Sedins stuck it out well being spoon fed a beleaf of ‘it’s now’ and they weren’t alone either. Does that suggest money before success? And we are talking about a player much younger than the Sedins were. (Bo) At a similar juncture. 

Oh he could want to stay....just my feeling that he has been waiting for a long time during the prime of his career. 

Just now, stawns said:

A pivot isn't a rebuild, it's a pivot.  You're bringing in roster players, not lottery tickets 

Yeah, Bo could be sold on a 'pivot' probably. I hope so, I want to keep him

11 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

If I had to boil it down...EP and QH are the untouchables.

Moving any of our other core pieces though must mean a return that is a kings ransom, one that can help the team immediately.

I am in the 'go for it now' camp. Cup in 2-3 years. 

To really make it work, I think one of Petey or Hughes would have to go.  They really need a lopsided to deal to make a big step forward instead of a lateral move

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Those are some Canuck legends right there... the fact he could pass Lumme before the New Year and probably Edler this year is something.    By the time his deals up, QHs will own all the assist and point records for us.   And that beard he's been trying to grow since his rookie season is starting to look pretty good lol.   His shot might not go in, but man he's good at setting up rebounds and tip ins. 

Too bad he will finish his career with 45 goals or so.

• There it is 1

9 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Can’t stand these phonies like Friedman that act like they care about the player, but really only care about their breaking stories.

Like yea, you feel bad for him? Yet you decide to leak the story about him seeking a trade the same night as hockey fights cancer? knowing full well it’s gonna be an emotional night for him?

Cut the heartfelt crap and admit what you really care about.

I can’t stand Friedman tbh. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

To really make it work, I think one of Petey or Hughes would have to go.  They really need a lopsided to deal to make a big step forward instead of a lateral move

Big gamble, but I think Horvat might be that player to get VAN a great return. He's having a career year (on pace for 60 goals?), a C who wins faceoffs. He's also only making $5.5 this season. 

• Cheers 1

Hoglander seems to be improving, both offensively and defensively; quite noticeably in the last few games.  The confidence is growing. He looks to be more on his toes, connecting with the passes (receiving and making), shots and has great energy. The puck moves north with him, and its working well east west with Miller and Horvat. It was unfortunate his goal was disallowed, given the "ghost" penalty on Miller.  I think the ice/reps are paying off, and he'll break out in the next 5 games or so.

• Cheers 2

Unfortunately, the team needs to win 8 or 10 games in a row just to get back into wildcard position (and only if other teams really drop off). It is an uphill climb to the playoffs this year as a result of their poor start. No one wants to trade Bo but how can this team continue on as is? They need to load up on assets at the TDL and draft. Those assets can be kept to build up the pipeline or used to acquire young assets (provided they are not stop gaps but grade A players).

If EP, QH, and TD are the future, the best way to encourage them to stay is to hand them the reigns...this team will not win as is. The team should keep and plan for a 2023 such as:

Kuz EP Mik

xxx xxx xxx

Hogs xxx Podz

DJ Aman Lazar

QH Schenn (OK for next year but priority should be acquiring a partner for QH)

xxx Bear

OEL (untradeable) Burroughs

Demko

Martin

TDL/draft trades

Miller

Bo (salary retained for best return)

Garland

Boeser (would consider retaining salary for better return)

Myers (salary retained for best return)

Stillman

The team should focus on acquiring young/prospects in the center and D position. In terms of UFAs, the team should focus on third line center and a solid 3/4 defender.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iBlueGreen said:

Hoglander seems to be improving, both offensively and defensively; quite noticeably in the last few games.  The confidence is growing. He looks to be more on his toes, connecting with the passes (receiving and making), shots and has great energy. The puck moves north with him, and its working well east west with Miller and Horvat. It was unfortunate his goal was disallowed, given the "ghost" penalty on Miller.  I think the ice/reps are paying off, and he'll break out in the next 5 games or so.

He made at least two really nice passes to the other team last night.

I like him but he still needs work. Not a top 6 guy yet. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So Fridays practice was cut to 15 minutes. Todays practice has limited skaters.

Whats going on? 

For a team that’s playing as poorly as they have you would think they’d be practicing as much as possible. Which makes me wonder if the flu is running through this team right now.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

We have had very sub par goal tending compared to what we expected.

We have also dragged our ass making a trade for more D help.

This team is a lot better than our record. The right tweaks over the next season and we could be top of the league quickly. 

Exactly!! I want to see the likes of Boeser and Garland traded soon and try to get a defensmen back that might help fix this mess. Then save some of the Cap space for the possibility of resigning Bo. If it looks like garbage still by Feb then move Miller,Bo and load up 1st rounders and reboot again..

• Upvote 1