The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 5 2022 - Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

YOU CANT FRIGGIN WIN WHEN THE OFFICIATING ALWAYS GOES AGAINST YOUR TEAM..THIS NO EXCUSE BUT THAT HIT WAS A TURNING POINT IN THE GAME...THE HIT WAS CLEAN JUST BECAUSE THE KID LAID ON THE ICE BIG DEAL..HOW MANY TIMES HUGHES OR PETERSON GET HIGH STICKED AND DIRTY HIT BUT NO CALLS..THIS WAS NOT A DIRTY HIT IT WAS SUPER HARD CLEAN HIT..THE KIDS HEAD WAS DOWN SCHENN WAS JUST GOING TO DO HIS NORMAL HITTING..AWFUL CALL ON THE ICE AND IT RUINS THE GAME I SEE IT ALL THE TIME IN JUNIOR HOCKEY BUT AT THIS LEVEL THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THESE BAD CALLS AGAINST THE CANUCKS...YES IT MAKES HUGE DIIFERENCE IN THE GASMES...BAD REFFS...

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I suspect Bo has checked out and is just padding his contract for his next team.    It's almost certain he'll be gone in a few weeks along with Boeser and very possibly Demko and hopefully Garland, Myers, Stillman, Poolman, Dries, Pearson, OEL. Lazar, Studnicka and The entire assistant coaching staff.

and the partridge in a pear tree

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Habs goalie was great, kept them in early when shots were 7-1 nix

Martin gave up a few softies and the team collapsed. 

You can't win without goaltending.  Nux don't have it this season.   

Not just the goaltending though.
If the Canucks went up 2-0 or 3-0 early, are you confident the team would keep that lead? Probably not.

But once the other team goes up by a couple goals, it's a done deal.

That's not just goaltending. That's weak mental fortitude on the whole team.

1 minute ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

You know what would be cool......if they fired management and hired Trevor Linden.

Trevor won’t ever work for this franchise as long as Franky is still the owner. The change in management isn’t what will bring him back, the change of ownership will.

• There it is 1

Just now, hockeygod77 said:

YOU CANT FRIGGIN WIN WHEN THE OFFICIATING ALWAYS GOES AGAINST YOUR TEAM..THIS NO EXCUSE BUT THAT HIT WAS A TURNING POINT IN THE GAME...THE HIT WAS CLEAN JUST BECAUSE THE KID LAID ON THE ICE BIG DEAL..HOW MANY TIMES HUGHES OR PETERSON GET HIGH STICKED AND DIRTY HIT BUT NO CALLS..THIS WAS NOT A DIRTY HIT IT WAS SUPER HARD CLEAN HIT..THE KIDS HEAD WAS DOWN SCHENN WAS JUST GOING TO DO HIS NORMAL HITTING..AWFUL CALL ON THE ICE AND IT RUINS THE GAME I SEE IT ALL THE TIME IN JUNIOR HOCKEY BUT AT THIS LEVEL THEY NEED TO LOOK AT THESE BAD CALLS AGAINST THE CANUCKS...YES IT MAKES HUGE DIIFERENCE IN THE GASMES...BAD REFFS...

what did you think of the hit?

• Haha 3

The most painful part of all of this - is that while we are clearly one of the worst teams in the NHL, we are not even good at executing that part. We win 3-4 in a row and fool ourselves into thinking that we have just had some bad stretches on our way to the inevitable 23rd best team in the league finish. 

Masters of mediocrity. The Aquilini way.

• Upvote 1

I have one week of vacation time for work to use before February. I’ve been planning since the schedule release to go all the way out to Vancouver, get a hotel room, and do the 3 home games in 4 nights on January 18, 20, and 21. I can honestly say right now I am 100% scrambling to figure out new vacation plans. I’m not spending a dime of travel money to go watch this sorry excuse of a team until something gets fixed. This team is a joke. A trip to BC can wait until the team isn’t brutal anymore. 

Just now, hockeygod77 said:

Booooohoooo

Spongebob Squarepants GIF