The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

35 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Rangers right off the bat will block our numbers if we offer Miller straight up. They don’t have the cap space and don’t want to be stuck with him for 7 years at his cap.

Rangers will not want Horvat because hes a UFA, they are not going to trade Laffy for him. He’s still a former 1st overall pick and is just 21 years old, that would be foolishly shortsighted of them. And they won’t be able to again afford his cap space unless we’re going to be taking cap dump back such as Goodrow or Trouba (who sucks and is Miller on defense).

I really don’t see a trade with happening that doesn’t screw us over.

What if the Rangers were interested in Miller resigning last year, but we weren't allowing contract like it was rumored. It's possible they might like having him locked up? I mean... I highly doubt it, but can't blame a guy for fantasizing...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

I'm not sure how a deal with Horvat going to NYR would work. Rangers don't have the cap space, and all of their high cap hit players have NMCs.

Lafreniere makes under a million, Bo makes almost $6 (this year). I don't think the Rangers could afford Horvat moving forward, especially if he's wanting $8.

What about Kuzmenko for Lafreniere?  They make around the same, both are wingers.

I'd do it, if you're gonna gamble a young former 1OA is as good a gamble as any

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Would be nice to get him for the right deal but to me I don't see that happening unless they are desperate to win now.

We could eat a good portion of Bo's contract but would have to be a first coming back and maybe we throw in a 3rf or so to make it work.

A deal for Dach would have been a big win for this management group.

A 21 year old big right shot center would have set us up to be able to trade Bo or Miller.

Unfortunately this management has been doing nothing but swinging and missing lately. Can’t rest on the Kuzmenko signing forever.

I mean I'll take him but I'm not paying much. He's literally a 21 yo Miller with half the production. Terrible away from the puck... Struggles with being held accountable for it on a good team as well. Might not translate very well here.

Not to mention its his last elc year. We will get stuck with some sort of 3x3 bridge and he cannot struggle like this on that type of deal or his value instantly tanks.

I'd do a deal around Bo but I'm gonna need more than laf lol. Rangers need to know this isn't 1OA value anymore. He's like a late 1st still trying to keep a full time spot 

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A 21 year old big right shot center would have set us up to be able to trade Bo or Miller.

Unfortunately this management has been doing nothing but swinging and missing lately. Can’t rest on the Kuzmenko signing forever.

Boeser to Dallas for mavrik borque + pick + khudobin ( probably wrong spelling but cap dump lol ) 

Not very big but RH C. Good target as they are looking to add a top 6 right winger. We need boeser to start scoring though to get on the radar. I've actually seen stars fans suggest this and I am downnnn

Edited by Mustard Tiger

To Rangers:

Miller 50% of current contract retained only

To Vancouver:

Lafrenière

Might have to add more to make things work on both sides, but this would allow the Rangers to really push to go deep in the playoffs this year with a player who can be effective on the wing or center. 

It would also allow the Rangers the opportunity to add other pieces with just the 50% retained for this season and to trade Miller over to Pittsburgh or somewhere else if the decided that he doesn't fit their long-term plans, before his NTC kicks in and recover other assets.

This doesn't address our defensive issues, but it would free up space to re-sign Horvat as well as make other moves this summer on defense, like ship Myers out once his 5 million bonus is paid and bring other defense in. 

It sounds like Johansson is likely ready to go for next season, most seem to think that he's pretty much NHL ready, so that would help to address moving Myers and be a solid start of our defensive makeover for next season.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

Just read this....I'd love for him to end up here. But don't think it'll happen or the Rangers will give up on him so easily. His healthy scratch was likely more to send him a message but it's usually step one in the process. Don't know that they're there yet.

I'd hate for Bo to be the piece in that though. We'll really miss him when he's gone, but if he wants out I can't really blame him. Closer to "home" too.

Linden got us Bertuzzi and McAbe.  Maybe Bo gets us Lafrenierre and Schneider?  I don’t think we will trade Bo, but if we do, this is a hopeful return. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

To Rangers:

Miller 50% of current contract retained only

To Vancouver:

Lafrenière

Might have to add more to make things work on both sides, but this would allow the Rangers to really push to go deep in the playoffs this year with a player who can be effective on the wing or center. 

It would also allow the Rangers the opportunity to add other pieces with just the 50% retained for this season and to trade Miller over to Pittsburgh or somewhere else if the decided that he doesn't fit their long-term plans, before his NTC kicks in and recover other assets.

This doesn't address our defensive issues, but it would free up space to re-sign Horvat as well as make other moves this summer on defense, like ship Myers out once his 5 million bonus is paid and bring other defense in. 

It sounds like Johansson is likely ready to go for next season, most seem to think that he's pretty much NHL ready, so that would help to address moving Myers and be a solid start of our defensive makeover for next season.

Thoughts?

Nobody will give up anything more than a similar type of contract / player at this point. Our media and fanbase tanked his value too much beaching and moaning about every little thing.

When it comes to him... I'm still looking at other no man's land teams who don't want to he in this tier like Nashville or STL. ROR + VT are both out long term. Cap space just opened up. Maybe they bite on miller.

To me the most logical deal which helps both teams. Miller to Nashville for johansen. I would love to add to this and bring jeannot here as well. Maybe hoglander or some redundant younger FWD but I'm sure they value him quite a bit. 

While Miller is about to start a 8x7... RJ only has 8x3 left ( including this year ). I think we could get a team like that to bite on him. They just took on 4 years of 33 year old Ryan McDonough for free lol. A win for me is just losing that cap asap. We still get a solid hometown vet C to play behind EP. That allows us time to develop a young 2C for 2 years till RJ expires

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

I think it will just be laff for Patrick Kane in the end. 

And they will get Bedard. I swear they haven't won a game since October. Didn't they start with a bunch of wins lmao. I quit being a NHL fan if Chicago gets Bedard honestly :lol:

Since coming over, management have only traded for Carolina's 7D in Bear and acquired Dermott, arguably Toronto's 6-7th defenceman and Chicago's 7th defenceman Stillman - essentially 3 minor moves. Meanwhile they dropped 8M on a winger in Miller, 5M on another winger in Mikheyev in free agency, got lucky with 1M for Kuzmenko and are now looking at another scoring winger?

How does this management not realise that our problems lie on defence? Instead of entertaining or focussing on this guy, why are we not looking at defencemen, say Schneider? Whatever it would cost to acquire Laff, spend it to get Schneider (unless NYR think he's obviously far more valuable).

This post isn't about Schneider though, it's about this management's complete disregard for acquiring top, decent defencemen and just focussing on the least important area of a team - wingers.

• Cheers 1

We shouldn't offer anymore than Boeser for Lafreniere, D prospect Robertson OR Emberson + pick.
They need RW help (Kakko/ Kravtsov aren't cutting it and they need RW scoring), and even though he's a former #1 pick he hasn't come anywhere close to meeting that potential (0.45 points/ game is the highest amount he's had, and that's this season).  Boeser meets their positional need and at his worst is still a 0.8 point/ game guy; we'd get Robertson who's 6'4", LD and defensively sound (might not have a spot due to Lindgren and K'Andre already being there, plus they have other big LHD in their depth).  Emberson would be a big, defense-only RHD prospect who's physical.  

Edited by Phil_314
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Dach is playing wing.  He’s proven not to be a centre.  And he’s now doing crappy as the Haberoos are getting destroyed most games.