The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Alexis Lafrenière

12 minutes ago, Doxm said:

Miller + for Lafreniere

OR

Horvat/Rathbone/Podz for Schneider/Chytil/Laf

Packaging Horvat + to land a return around Schneider would be brilliant - but it’s a lot of moving pieces.  

Can’t see them taking Miller now that he’s extended but would be awesome if they did.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Screw said:

Horvat and Schenn for Lafrenière, 1st and a prospect.

Thats a terrible return imo.

late 1st and prospect failing to live up to expectations. If Schneider isn't in the deal I don't move Bo to NYR

• There it is 1

Just now, logic said:

Thats a terrible return imo.

late 1st and prospect failing to live up to expectations. If Schneider isn't in the deal I don't move Bo to NYR

Exactly.  Cannot pacify our owner with futures as key to a Bo trade.  Would need to be Schneider and Lafrenierre.  Schneider for management, because they know he’s key.  Lafrenierre for our owner to sign off, because he know that name will sell seats.

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Defenseman please 

Ok Hairy just back it up a second. I know Lafreniere's name only. 

What does Vancouver get in Lafreniere?

From what I'm reading he's kinda been a flop in NY. Aside from what ever goes the other way what are we getting in this player and why has he seemingly fallen short?

What's your take?

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

The issue for me is that they addressed the wrong concern,  we needed a complete overhaul of the defense,  not the middle slot of forwards - I think the 'meh' record and awful GA back this up, not to mention the worst in league PK.  Even JR said as much (about needing to make changes on defense) and then inexplicably did nothing about it except coming back this year with the same group and expecting a different outcome.  

If BoHo is in fact on his way out they should be looking at a young RHD, but they'll probably end up with another redundant winger of some sort and expect us to believe we'll be better somehow because of the move?

Well the just started putting their stamp on the team, this isn’t the end of their build whatsoever. 

12 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

So give away assets to Rags for another Yakupov? Thanks, I'd pass...

Deal away vets. DRAFT, develop & build properly.

Laffy has 70 hits and takes care of the puck better than traditional one way players. Playmaking winger that'd do well alongside Petey or Miller (assuming we move Bo for Lafreniere.) Laffy may not warrant 1st overall pick status, but he's NHL caliber at the very least. And still has major upside. Yak had god awful personality to the point Burkie had him listed as "stay away" or whatever. Makes Miller look like Mr Rogers. I'd take Lafreniere for the right price. I mean, he's young, has upside, is not afraid to throw his body around, has good size. Lafreniere is 21, it's not like we are trading for a 24 year old. We can still develop this kid. Not that we have proven to be any good at that anyway.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Laffy has 70 hits and takes care of the puck better than traditional one way players. Playmaking winger that'd do well alongside Petey or Miller (assuming we move Bo for Lafreniere.) Laffy may not warrant 1st overall pick status, but he's NHL caliber at the very least. And still has major upside. Yak had god awful personality to the point Burkie had him listed as "stay away" or whatever. Makes Miller look like Mr Rogers. I'd take Lafreniere for the right price. I mean, he's young, has upside, is not afraid to throw his body around, has good size. Lafreniere is 21, it's not like we are trading for a 24 year old. We can still develop this kid. Not that we have proven to be any good at that anyway.

Well, like any/every asset, it's certainly dependent upon price. That's also subjective, but wouldn't sign up for sending a steep pkg.

Am cautious by nature..but with the current state of the team, it's unlikely you'll win deals on big name assets.

58 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, if I understand you correctly, your opinion is that other GM's around the league pay attention to what Canuck fans and media feel / believe as opposed to their own internal team and scouts?

I think all of them have better things to do with their day than pay attention to CDC or the Vancouver media lol.

Teams won't make decisions based off fans but fans can influence teams for the direction they want ( unless your the Canucks )

When our trash media puts out endless Miller hate articles granted he deserves it... Other teams low end media around the league pick this sort of stuff up to add to the traffic to their page. Ain't nobody out east will stay up and watch Vancouver games. If all they saw was 10 sec clips, Positive praise and the stat sheet many would think he's a great top 6 guys. Very durable and still remains around a PPG for multiple years In a row.

Serverson is literally Myers 2.0, But because NJ media doesn't pump out articles of him being as bad as he is... many out west believe he's a good player. But he's not.

Same with Colton parayako. He's horrible but you never see STL media suggest that so again many out west are lead to believe he's still this top pair hulking Dman.

It does matter lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Hell, I wanted Dach when the Blackhawks made him available. This management team should pick me up. Cause I also wanted Marino, I wanted them to trade Miller. Just don't tell them I was a staunch Virtanen defender. We don't talk about that. :unsure:

I'm not trading our 15th + a 2nd for dach. We are in NO position to be moving any futures unless it's for even more futures. ( pretend this is me talking just before the draft haha ) 

3 hours ago, BertaNuck said:

Unless we get a yakupov and then we will have absolutely nothing for many many dark years 

i've watched a few rangers games and lafreniere seems to surprisingly have somewhat of a chippy side to him. 

he kind of showed a bit of that in the playoffs too against tampa (albeit with stamkos). 

He's still very young too so I wouldn't count him out just yet. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, who knows.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This is the type of deal you take a chance on if you have the ability to. It wasn't that long ago that Laff was the highest touted prospect in years. While it's doubtful he ever reaches the ceiling he once had, that talent didn't just disappear. A change of scenery might just be what the doctor ordered. 

Yeah Laff with Petey down the road could be really fun. Laff in his draft year reminded

me a lot of Huberdeau stylistically at a similar age.  I'd love for us to get him id drive bo to the airport myself if we got Laff. But I suspect it's likely just a regular check in. 

Someone fitting vans ask Is scratched it's an easy connection that the team likely has interest and would check if he's available. If you don't ask; you are not doing your job properly.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

A potential Lafreniere and Petey combination? 

im drooling.

That would be an interesting combination.

Like others have said if you want to take a gamble, a 21 year old 1OA isn’t too bad. Still not sure if I’d move Bo there unless we get Schneider back.

• Like 1

If we move Bo for something around Laf and Schneider. Then fall down and we can draft one of those top 3 centres, it would be a really nice start to turnaround the team and start building around Pettersson and Hughes. Give the team direction and probably gets Pettersson to sign long term.

Garland+ for something around Carlo?

Miller to BOS, 1 for 1 for Lysell? They need a C with Bergeron bound for retirement. Probably don’t have the cap for it tho.

Laf - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Mikh - 2023 Drafted C - Lysell

Hughes - Schneider

OEL - Carlo

Edited by J-23
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, J-23 said:

That would be an interesting combination.

Like others have said if you want to take a gamble, a 21 year old 1OA isn’t too bad. Still not sure if I’d move Bo there unless we get Schneider back.

You’re not getting Schneider AND Lafreniere. But getting 1 would be a nice building block.

• Thanks 1