The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

16 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

It's not just one factor that sees us giving up possession on the powerplay though. It's a combination of being predictable, compounded by poor execution.

We were talking specifically about millers giveaways, overall, not just pp

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Because Seravelli thinks so? Frank plays darts with his predictions just like every Friedman, Eklund and the like. 

These guys just post/say  the obvious then make it a bit worse. 

miller value is low we all knew that is it need a sweetener low no. 

but his play and character haven’t exactly made him look like a bargain at 8 mill till hes 37. 

i don’t think the return would be much if he was miraculously moved.  

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yup

Then you should know… skating forward and passing backwards = slow pass

Not only that, but its a behind the back, blind pass to a general area of where QH is going to be on that set play. Its not the execution or effort level its a terrible set play by our PP coaches. IF he can put some zest on that blind back pass, he risks putting it out of the zone if its not deadly accurate. We all know that blind passes arent thsy accurate and typically wind up in a general area of where a player can retrieve it. 
That play is on the coaching staff, not Miller. If it was on him, he wouldnt keep making that play and having it picked off. Hes doing what hes being told to do and it doesnt work that great and is way too high risk.

I would love to move on from JT.

I was of the mind last summer that you had to re-sign him. I regret that notion. I dont know though if Jim and Patrick are willing to take an L on this. Trading Miller would admit publically (although its already consensus is already around the NHL world that they made the wrong choice) they made the wrong move and have to lose value on him.

As much as I want JT gone, I don't think this management are willing to admit they were wrong. Seems like too many egos in the head office and ownership to right the wrong. I would think too with JT's sizeable extension, that adding assets would not be in the organization's appetite to do so to move him. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm concerned they still think keeping him is the right plan... IMO it wasn't/isn't.

We really just need some bloody clarity as to what they're planning on doing. So far it's been largely tinkering around the edges, which also IMO, isn't going to cut it.

The entire fanbase (and it looks like roster) seems to be waiting for SOMETHING to happen. Some sort of direction.

I thought moving Miller for that rumored Lundkvist, Chytil, 1st package was a no brainer trade for the team. Will never know if that was a legit option but was also pleased to see the team sign him as still feeling trauma after the Free Agency exodus when the team did well in the " bubble ".

That all said now it is going to be such a shame to see Horvat potentially move on, but as the days go by it becomes clearer to me. Keep Petey, keep Hughes and move out other players in the 26 yrs old or older range for futures and cap space. That is entirely possible and plausible. The team needs to stop pretending the overall club is better than it is, the individual players are better then shown as a team but its time to make some moves.

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I thought moving Miller for that rumored Lundkvist, Chytil, 1st package was a no brainer trade for the team. Will never know if that was a legit option but was also pleased to see the team sign him as still feeling trauma after the Free Agency exodus when the team did well in the " bubble ".

Same. And use the added cap space to move Rathbone + for Marino and we'd have been further ahead than where we are now IMO. Likely would have been able to nail down a Horvat extension for closer to $7m in the summer too. Probably could have got something like the 1st+ deal for Lundkvist too if they didn't feel he was a fit.

And that's while also believing Miller's extension to be a solid, below market deal. Just a wrong fit with this club's timeline.

That all said now it is going to be such a shame to see Horvat potentially move on, but as the days go by it becomes clearer to me. Keep Petey, keep Hughes and move out other players in the 26 yrs old or older range for futures and cap space. That is entirely possible and plausible.

Yup, damn shame if all this costs us Horvat too. But it is what it is and it can still spell forward progress if they nail the TDL return.

So you think they're going to move Miller? I'm hopeful, but I'm far from confident.

The team needs to stop pretending the overall club is better than it is, the individual players are better then shown as a team but its time to make some moves.

Yup again, as I've said elsewhere, we don't have a huge talent deficit (minus the obvious holes at 3C/RHD), we have a fit/chemistry/complementary pieces/identity issue.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

23 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Bo's no Kesler but he holds his own and he's one of the best faceoff guys in the league, which is no small thing from a possession standpoint 

He's a legit 2C on a top team, a 1C on a lesser team 

Are the Canucks not considered a lesser team? Otherwise we are talking a select few teams where Bo is a #1, how much can you pay a guy that is a #2 on a meh team like Vancouver...When #1 EP is going to sign for 9-12m