The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 14 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers - 4pm PT/7pm ET - FLA Live Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He doesn't look injured to me.  He looks gassed after about 60 seconds of a shift.  Which is probably why he is slow to getting to the bench on a line change and not getting back into the play when we lose the puck...

Yes I have seen him keeled over at times. I think he might have or had a mobility injury as well. Being out of shape is inexcusable. I hope that’s not the only reason. We can’t have any Keith Fat Chucks on this team!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I don't think it's a matter of being "the favourite".

BB has stated, quite emphatically, that "JT really wants to win/hates losing". He wants guys out there who care...JT may have momentarily lapses of indifference but, overall, his game isn't played that way. Some others are playing that way....(Myers, OEL...I'm looking at you). Myers seems to care...but he wants to play goal, forward...everything BUT d at times. He takes a kazillion shots a game...often zinging them around the boards (and out). How many times has he been positioned beside our net, stick ready to make the save? Often, when the play's on the other side of the ice. Focus on your position/role. I'm tired of seeing him fly into the screen as he launches himself on his belly like he's sliding into home (only to be taken out of a play). With that big body/reach, there are other options.

Our d is atrocious...JT's defensive play is secondary to that. Address it at the source.

Yeah I just think you can see BB just adores JT when he talks about him. I think he may be slightly blinded on some of his faults but you're right, way bigger fish to fry. Your analysis of Myers is hilarious and dead on. First he thinks he's Bobby Orr, then Joe Sakic at times, then Raffi Torres, and finally Dominic Hasek. I particularly love when he makes a blundering pass to no one as he trips on his own feet and stick and then sprawls behind the play desperately trying to stop the guy he just gifted with a puck in the slot.

It's been so long but it will be like a breath of fresh air if they can actually remake the RD someday. The organization has neglected it for as long as they possibly could and now time will finally force their hand. Anywhere from 2-16 months now.

shaking in and out GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Miller has been better lately I've noticed but he deserves a benching if anyone does. Clear favorite of BB which just adds to the team not giving a crap.

ha had 3-4 plays in how own end last game that had me yelling at the tv.

20 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller has 5 points in his last 3 games and is our leading scorer in those 3 games.  Why exactly would we be benching him?

I meant to say deserved for his past actions. Knew I should have edited lol. Currently no point but there is almost no accountability on this team. The OEL scratch was a little late from Bruce. He's soft and seems afraid to ruffle anyone's feathers.

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I just think you can see BB just adores JT when he talks about him. I think he may be slightly blinded on some of his faults but you're right, way bigger fish to fry. Your analysis of Myers is hilarious and dead on. First he thinks he's Bobby Orr, then Joe Sakic at times, then Raffi Torres, and finally Dominic Hasek. I particularly love when he makes a blundering pass to no one as he trips on his own feet and stick and then sprawls behind the play desperately trying to stop the guy he just gifted with a puck in the slot.

It's been so long but it will be like a breath of fresh air if they can actually remake the RD someday. The organization has neglected it for as long as they possibly could and now time will finally force their hand. Anywhere from 2-16 months now.

shaking in and out GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

get a coach with a strong defensive system in there and we'll see where the problem with the dcorp lies.  Not that they don't need to re-make the dcorp, they do, but this is a systems (or lack thereof) issue, imo.

3 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

I understand your opinion, mine differs. 
One thing we agree on is the poor communication coming from this management . 
Enough of the calculated damage control, failed or inaccurate injury reports and side-stepping responsibility. They are just digging themselves deeper and deeper into every hole they create. 

Imo it’s past time to answer honestly as to what’s going on and what can be expected going forward. Starting to wonder if they even know. 

Definitely agree that this management group seems to be completely out of sync. From the players all the way up and back down. Not sure how that gets fixed.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I meant to say deserved for his past actions. Knew I should have edited lol. Currently no point but there is almost no accountability on this team. The OEL scratch was a little late from Bruce. He's soft and seems afraid to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Miller, OEL and some other players should have been benched weeks or months ago.  It's too late now.  The damage has already been done.  They probably benched OEL just to piss him off so he would waive his NMC and agree to a trade.

• Haha 1

Circled this game on the road trip as likely the most winnable. Both teams played Thursday but FLA had to travel home from LV late that night, from a tough road trip themselves. Plus they have been the weakest team of the bunch so far this season but still a very tough test.

I expect a tight contest but high scoring due to both teams talented PP and porous team defense. Should be entertaining. I give the edge to FLA because they have more to play for, since they are closer to the ploffs than we are. Our season is caput whereas they still have a shot.

Edited by KirkSave
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

A dollar short and a day late. 

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

He had his opportunity when they weren’t calling the Garland sucker punch. If he won’t jump in then, he will never 

Both reasons for my prediction.

He has fought before and that Garland sequence might be running around in his dome.