The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 14 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers - 4pm PT/7pm ET - FLA Live Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

38 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I find it funny that Sid Seixeiro was saying that Vancouver is the worst run team in the NHL. (Well we're not playing in a 5000 seat stadium that our AHL team has a LARGER arena) I'm not saying Ownership and management isn't bad. It is.

But he seems to completely forgotten how bad Toronto was under the Ballard regime. 

Toronto still has an unqualified dweeb with zero understanding of the sport as a GM.  Until he is replaced,  we're safe from that distinction.

• Cheers 3

I got zero hard evidence to back this up but it feels like Vancouver is in the midst of a Buffalo style trajectory from when either team went to the cup finals. Buffalo is further along, which means we have years more of this garbage

Edited by wiseupsucker
grammar

7 hours ago, Jaimito said:

It's hard to say from the outside what they know.  Each player's day to day activities, injury, rehab are handled by coaching staff and the medical staff.  The management just need updates on how long they will be out etc.   If the perception that his medical care was mishandled, that's what the player's perception was (Pearson, his teammates).  Management's perception maybe just that it was bad luck and they lost their top 6 winger for the season, just like Poolman, Dermott, etc. It's not like they all sit together and discuss this on a weekly basis. Bruce is busy enough trying to save the sinking ship, he doesn't have time to think about a player's hand injury.  All he cares is if a player has been cleared to play or not.  So it's not unconceivable that the president of the team doesn't know how players feel about how an injury was managed.  The medical team is not going to admit they mishandled it to the president either, if indeed that was the case.  

The only reason JR had to make this statement is the perception by the players and now by the public.  Better to clear the air than sweep it under the rug.  

I say BS to this. 

If I am the president of an organization and I'm judged by the performance of 24 employees, I will 100% know if they had a  setback on a surgery and will ask why. 

No boss would not ask what happened.... 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I find it funny that Sid Seixeiro was saying that Vancouver is the worst run team in the NHL. (Well we're not playing in a 5000 seat stadium that our AHL team has a LARGER arena) I'm not saying Ownership and management isn't bad. It is.

But he seems to completely forgotten how bad Toronto was under the Ballard regime. 

That sawed off revenge of the nerd Booger look alike would not be saying the same thing if his beloved maple leaves was going through it the GOOF!

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Serge explains the punch:

"It is what it is eh Garly, and you know, it was sort of, meant to be. You were there, I was there the ref was there. And I know that we can get past this! And hey, you totally deserved a defenseless shot to the head, and you never know, I might have to do it again who knows?  just kidding. Besides I'm way way bigger than you." 

2 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I say BS to this. 

If I am the president of an organization and I'm judged by the performance of 24 employees, I will 100% know if they had a  setback on a surgery and will ask why. 

No boss would not ask what happened.... 

Someone in that vast and diversified front office is responsible with providing upper management a daily operations report . That’s their job and it’s what someone is getting paid to do.
The report would include details of status and developments regarding injured players, particularly a top roster position holder like Pearson. 
There is no excuse for Rutherford not being aware , he wouldn’t even have to ask. It’s someone’s job to tell him. 
That is of course unless the management group has a “country club” atmosphere and old Jimmy hangs a ‘Do Not Disturb, I’m Napping’ sign on his office door. 

Edited by Barnstorm
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Serge explains the punch:

"It is what it is eh Garly, and you know, it was sort of, meant to be. You were there, I was there the ref was there. And I know that we can get past this! And hey, you totally deserved a defenseless shot to the head, and you never know, I might have to do it again who knows?  just kidding. Besides I'm way way bigger than you." 

Karma’s a bitch . He’ll get his. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

Someone in that vast and diversified front office is responsible with providing upper management a daily operations report . That’s their job and it’s what someone is getting paid to do.
The report would include details of status and developments regarding injured players, particularly a top roster position holder like Pearson. 
There is no excuse for Rutherford not being aware , he wouldn’t even have to ask. It’s someone’s job to tell him. 
That is of course unless the management group has a “country club” atmosphere and old Jimmy hangs a ‘Do Not Disturb, I’m Napping’ sign on his office door. 

JR was absolutely aware, but in all my media training I learned that you don't just open up and start blubbering the truth to the media. Your job is to give the media enough information to run with a story without saying anything that creates an obligation or places blame on yourself, colleagues or organization.

I'm fine with what JR said and that they are investigating, that's standard response. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

JR was absolutely aware, but in all my media training I learned that you don't just open up and start blubbering the truth to the media. Your job is to give the media enough information to run with a story without saying anything that creates an obligation or places blame on yourself, colleagues or organization.

I'm fine with what JR said and that they are investigating, that's standard response. 

Good PR woukd buy themselves time without lying to the public and those supporting the team.

In other words, that’s a pretty long straw he’s using to blow smoke…

11 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Good PR woukd buy themselves time without lying to the public and those supporting the team.

In other words, that’s a pretty long straw he’s using to blow smoke…

I think the Hughes comment definitely caught them off guard. They probably thought they had a handle to TP's injury or at least we're in agreement on a plan and then Hughes' comment created a lot of uncertainty.

Don't get me wrong, I do think this org needs to do a way better job communicating. It's a mess. But I didn't really expect any other answer to come out of the President's office.

Could you imagine if JR said the truth and the truth happened to be one of the following?

- Yeah I have no idea what's going on with my players.

- Yeah the medical staff really sh*t the bed on this one.

- Pearson being on LTIR is actually good for us.

-Quinn is a liar and needs to shut his mouth.

I'd kinda prefer the soft media approach to the can of worms that would open up if they said any of those. Lol

• There it is 1

12 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

I think the Hughes comment definitely caught them off guard. They probably thought they had a handle to TP's injury or at least we're in agreement on a plan and then Hughes' comment created a lot of uncertainty.

Don't get me wrong, I do think this org needs to do a way better job communicating. It's a mess. But I didn't really expect any other answer to come out of the President's office.

Could you imagine if JR said the truth and the truth happened to be one of the following?

- Yeah I have no idea what's going on with my players.

- Yeah the medical staff really sh*t the bed on this one.

- Pearson being on LTIR is actually good for us.

-Quinn is a liar and needs to shut his mouth.

I'd kinda prefer the soft media approach to the can of worms that would open up if they said any of those. Lol

I’m wondering who the surgeon was that messed up 9n th3 first operation?  Was he the team’s choice?  Did TP get a second opinion and the club insisted he goes with their option anyway?  If TP got a second opinion, and the club doctors agreed he could follow that course and have his preferred doctor do the surgery, and it turns out like we see now, then does Hughes say anything? I don’t think the players would be upset unless the club messed up.  So it kind of leads to TP got a second opinion but the club went with their guy.