The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

14 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Very unlikely.

Also Bo isn’t going to produce there like he was here. Just look at there stats page vs ours.

Oh I think it's unlikely, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible. If they fall out of a playoff spot he could get moved at the deadline. Personally I think it would make them look rather stupid, but it is a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I imagine they don’t want to risk there being no more chairs when the music stops.

I like them getting ahead of it as there are a lot of forwards available this deadline and no guarantee the offers would have gotten better. Not to mention the earlier we start really tanking the better.

Ill be interested to see how this value compares to what some of the other high profile players go for. Like if O’Reilly goes for more then fans can get mad.

I understand that, but it seems incredibly shortsighted. You’ve got a month until the trade deadline. You have the most highly coveted piece on the market to make the most consequential trade in Canucks history since the Bure deal. And you decided to move him a month before you had to with salary retained for a protected first, decent but not groundbreaking prospect and a cap dump underperforming winger. Yes we’ll have to wait until the deadline passes to see what prices are at but this does just feel like management wasted a massive amount of potential on this deal.

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

The standings won't change much from right now. This is the isles loading up... Everyone below them more or less wants to lose and everyone above them still has yet to add. They are 110% staying in the 13 to 16 range 

time for rutherford to pull off the sam pollock power move and help those teams ahead of the isles saty ahead of the isels. i am expecting a drastic dip in horvats production. he wont have the offensive supporting cast he had here in van. mabbe low 40's goals

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

no kidding.

I love the people complaining about " Beauvillier got what ? at most 40 points one year...meh, Raty who probably won't pan out, so basically a 1st and not a good first but one in the teens likely "....

Pay attention ? Bo Horvat, 28 years old unrestricted free agent, would only accept a new contract that values him on his career year. No he is not worth $ 8m per season. Management was reported to be asking for a 1st, top prospect and NHL player. 

The team added a top six for Vancouver at a $ 4.1m caphit signed beyond this season in Beauvillier, huge part of his game is his high level of skating ability ( something Vancouver needs ).

Vancouver poached the Islanders top prospect, Raty has a crazy high ceiling and is projected as an offensive producing top six center and is already flirting with NHL ice time.

The pick lands likely around where the top defense start going in the draft, OR it ends up being unprotected next year.

I think at the end of the day yes it sucks to lose Bo, maybe a sexier return did not happen and no a defenseman was not part of the immediate return. But you moved a 28 year old player who wanted to go get a new contract elsewhere based on the value of his career year. You got a top prospect, a serviceable NHLer that brings speed and offense as well as a pick that could net one of the better defensemen in this year's draft. Its a nice haul.

It just sucks that while we can all have opinions on this deal there is so much negativity and fans questioning if NHL people know what they are doing...I wonder why people have to get so worked up about it instead of cheer for their club. Local fans are allowed to be biased and cheer for the Canucks its ok, its not a bad thing.

Agree but do you think out of all the speculation from other teams that was heavily interested in Bo that this is the best return we can get is my questions. Only thing that is good that came out of this trade is the 1st round pick in my opinion. The other 2 guys are mediocre until they are proven. 

Just now, Baggins said:

Oh I think it's unlikely, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible. If they fall out of a playoff spot he could get moved at the deadline. Personally I think it would make them look rather stupid, but it is a possibility. 

Would be very bad look, and the they won’t get anymore than what we got. I think Bo declines in the Isles, they are very overrated as a team. Seeing it this year.

Just now, BarnBurner said:

For 3 more years after this year, at 6.25 mil a year? Even though it's a cap hit 

of 12.5 mil a year, is this really a question? 

What if the moon hatched like an egg and a giant bird flew down to Earth and pecked us all to death?

• Wat 1
  • Sad 1
  • RoughGame 1