The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

I like this deal from the Canucks POV, Horvat will never have a year like this again, and is looking for a big pay day which would be foolish to give him, Raty is a great young C that can be a 2nd line C in the future, if the Islanders pick is the 13-20 range we are going to be able to get a Good Dman with Gulyayev or Sandin Pellikka available in those slots, depending on how the draft lottery goes there is a real chance this team is way better next year 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Yeah, and the guy picking through my dumpster says Bo is willing to sign for $3.5.

Unless your fan buddy is best friends with Bo's Agent, I think this info is so many f*rts in the wind.

Ya that’s why I called him an Isles fan, I didn’t say he was a reliable source lol. Just a fan that listens to media like the rest of us, relax lol

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

so imagine if LL tries to re-sign by the tdl, realizes he can't and then flips Horvat fpr a better package than Van just got.  It's not impossible, Lam is pretty ruthless and the closer they get to the deadline, the more valuable Bo becomes.  

If you're fighting for playoff position, having Horvat for 30 games is better than having him for < 20 games. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

The TDL is 3 March - they have time to trade him further if they can't agree on an extension.

And he have time to get injury, and Islanders get time to trade for another player, pretty sure Alvin talk too many teams multiple times, they probably felt the offer will not get better 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

12 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Explain why Nashville took on a 6x4 for free last summer. It's rocket appliances to many apparently to understand other teams have negative assets as well. Some teams even have shoved those 4m dollar negative assets in the AHL while trying to compete for a cup.

You have to be crazy to think there isn't even a possibility of wanting to swap the cap space put for a top 9 maybe top 6 on some team player lol

Holy canucks fans have gone to another level of fear mongering contracts. Not everyone is a negative asset. Money can move BOTH ways lmao....

Since you have the more unexplainable stance, you explain to me how any team takes on 4 mill for a bottom 6 small forward.  We had to retain salary on a #1/2 center at 5.  I'll be waiting for you to use "fear mongering" for the 400th time in your response.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

It would be one thing if they were top 2 in their division and looking like legit contenders. They’re not even in a playoff spot.

Like when we gave up Madden and a 2nd for Toffoli I was mad. I couldn’t imagine trading a prospect like Podkolzin and our 1st for an outside shot at making it.

I can understand why they'd be mad too, but there's still 5 weeks until the tdl, if LL can't re-sign him and the Isleas have dropped, who knows what Lou will do.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

We will find out, but I’m happy we aren’t the team taking on that risk.

Isles take all the risk, there fanbase is more pissed about it than ours lol.

Their window is dead. Like a bunch of old guys and Dobson and Barzal. Hope they drop in top 10 this year, cause I think that 2024 pick will be high.

100% agree.  This is an excellent trade for us.  

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I can't imagine that the bloodbath isn't about to start in Van.  

Well, one thing you and I agree on and have for quite sometime is how Boeser is one dimensional and should have been dealt a long time ago. Gonna be interesting to see how the league values him now. 

• Huggy Bear 1