The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

But four for one is better since the one we originally traded would never get you what we got.We end up with two players and another 1st and that's not bad at all 

And didn't address the d and didn't get any cap space for the tdl.

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

It's an above average draft class, but he's right. It's mostly driven by the top 4-5 players. But, I don't think we should ever write off a draft class. People said 2014 (Y'all don't get triggered because of Virtanen) was weak, but in hindsight it actually looks pretty decent overall. At the end of the day, these are 17/18 year old kids. We flat out don't know where these kids will be in 5 years or even 2 years. We can't write off picks in the mid to late 1st round. You can get impact players literally anywhere. That's why adding picks is nice. Our 1st will be great, the Islanders' pick should also be decent, better than any other first we realistically could have gotten. Negative folks just need to be mad, no point debating with them.

Guy is literally what if-ing himself into a frenzy. Get him some warm milk and leave it be.

Again with the discussion shaming?  Is it bad to enjoy dissecting trades?  There's a lot of levels to this trade.  If you don't enjoy it, why are you still contributing to it.  

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

AB is a negative, not a positive.  The Canuvks got their top prospect and pick, but the Isles got Bo and got rid of an anchor cap hit.  Now if they flip bo at the tdl.........

Not sure why you keep repeating "an anchor of a cap hit" type of scenario. 

It looks like it's only until the end of next year. 

So weird one of my favourite players of all time and I feel nothing. Must be the disappointing season. What a player and captain. Will be missed certainly. Be fun to watch him play elsewhere. I can see it now. “Wish we had a player like that” haha

Oh well. Only up from here 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, aliboy said:

I'm expecting Brock to be dealt, perhaps Garland, and maybe Schenn, we shall see. Will depend on teams looking for depth heading into the playoffs.

I forgot about Schenn, they have to decide on him too.  Bowser, garland, demko etc don't need to be done by then, they can take their time 

6 minutes ago, mll said:

The Wild could be trading Addison - they don't have the cap space to extend him and they aren't sure he can learn how to play defence.  He was drafted in 2018 by Pittsburgh when Allvin was their director of amateur scouting.

If he can't learn how to play defence then he probably wouldn't be a fit in Vancouver...

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

He had 34 points last year and on pace for that this year.  Remind me why they need a small, over priced winger again?  Are they short on those?

Lou has been trying to.deal that contract for awhile and couldn't.........until PA came along.

It's still not an ANCHOR contract lol. A change of scenery could do wonders for Beauvillier. Especially under the structure that Tocchet is gonna lay out. You've been in here all day spewing all sorts of negatives. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, even in the playoffs you don't see the fighting and whatnot a lot anymore 

You just see more scrums, but the stakes are higher and you're playing a seven game series

Teams aren't "tough" in the way older fans want them to be "tough"

I see it a lot on this forum, some folks really seem to yearn for a brand of hockey they'll likely never see again at the NHL level 

I find it amusing you think that a contact sport like Hockey has no aggression in it anymore, like it somehow magically disappeared. I have seen enough Canuck players alone, get roughed up, to know it still exists. 

I have also seen a Canuck be aggressive and not once do I remember seeing the opposition let it go, ever.

We seem to be in the minority to think its OK just to skate away as our team mate is getting roughed up. 

Some how I don't think that helps out in the "team building" department what so ever, call me crazy. :lol:

1 minute ago, BarnBurner said:

Not sure why you keep repeating "an anchor of a cap hit" type of scenario. 

It looks like it's only until the end of next year. 

so is myers and we beat on his corpse daily? and some even want to buy him out even though there's 0 savings?

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

Again, it's the top 5 driving that narrative.  After #5 it drops off significantly, but is still good.  By #10-11 it drops off more and after that it's above average, but nothing spectacular.  The buzz about the top 5 is creating the narrative.  Lou didn't pick #12 out of a hat, he knows the draft comes back to earth after that.

on points % the Isle currently pick 13th

Lou has guaranteed that if the Isles slip one place in the current draft order, the pick slides

Either Bo helps the Isles up or they keep their pick

I find it kind of funny that the only talk in this thread about draft movement is about the isles dropping 

Let me be the first to mention, that the goal of this trade from an Isles standpoint is to improve

if the Isle improve by 2.5 wins over the teams above them, the pick goes from 13th to 19th, 

which is 13 from last

that is what a 5 point improvement will net the Canucks

just a little food for realty thought

given the deal is structured to insolate the Isle from dropping, I think a more astute GM might have bargained for an additional pick if the Isle make the second round, or Bo puts up X number of points in the playoffs

Edited by lmm

1 minute ago, Doxm said:

It's still not an ANCHOR contract lol. A change of scenery could do wonders for Beauvillier. Especially under the structure that Tocchet is gonna lay out. You've been in here all day spewing all sorts of negatives. 

You know how to use the ignore button, no?