The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

Just now, YearoftheNuck said:

Raty looked dangerous against us when we last played the islanders on January 3rd. Also he’s a Fin! We’re always too much Swedish and not enough Finnish lol.

I even thought at the time of watching that game that he would be a nice piece in a trade for Bo. Also, I’m stoked we got another first rounder in this epic draft year. 

I just wish we also got a young D man back too. All in all I’m pleased. I was totally expecting Bo to get hurt before the trade deadline, so this is much better than that lol! 

I know right!! the last Finnish legend we got was Tommi Santala!!!!! damn I miss him lots... never complained about playing 4C for us back then

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

we didn't get a kings ransom but we got a very good haul for a career 60 point centerman. Raty is the isles top prospect and I'm quite shock we managed to get him AND a 1st from a bubble team. 

Exactly!!! not sure what people thought we would be getting for a frickin RENTAL

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

The Nucks needed a big time Dman in return, even if it meant a younger dman. 

What the hell does this help the Defence?? 

Great, a top pick. Great. 

Now what? 

Sell everyone, and keep a core. 

Get rid of Miller! How the f**k does he help this team going forward?  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Canuck You said:

People do realize that he's a UFA at the end of the season right? No team was going to sell the farm! Decent deal.

True and it's the deal I was expecting. 

Having said that Islanders wouldn't do this if they didn't have an extension i mind. No way Islanders make the playoffs this season.

• Vintage 1