The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Agreed, it sure feels like they gave Miller Bo's money. There HAS to be a real reason they prioritized Miller and Kuzy over Bo....we probably won't know until many years down the road. It doesn't feel right keeping Miller over Bo but nothing we can do about it now. 

Honestly, I think they're both kind of outside of our window now. Hold onto Petey, hold onto Hughes, hold onto the prospects and just strip mine the team down to the nuts and bolts. I'm fine with holding onto Kuz for two more years tho. Keeps Petey happy and we can still move him for a handsome return at the deadline on 2024.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Odd. said:

Crazy to think Horvat isn’t actually a Canuck anymore. Still hasn’t really settled. It’s one thing to anticipate his eventual trade, but it’s another when it actually happens.

When I think about Canucks his face immediately pops into my head.

It is tough and that game against the Isles will be tough to watch. Bo is a hell of a hockey player and young man. 

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Miller has pictures of Rutherfraud and Aquaweenie with Fin. 

I'd be willing to bet they would take that signing back if possible. I'm convinced FA is the who freaked out when Bo wouldn't take the deal so he panic signed Miller 

• Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Muttley said:

I haven't said too much yet due to the shock of how so-so this trade really is. The funds were not there to get Horvat done, though I do believe it went down to the wire.

What I do wonder is how long they were shopping Bo and how many teams showed interest. Were there better deals out there? Would they have gotten better as we 

got a little bit into February? Seems like this was done a little out of desperation.

They didn't want to allow teams to talk extension with him so some teams like Carolina backed out.  Not sure the pick would have been as high closer to the TDL.  

• Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Hes in Fla right now and will travel directly to long island.......he won't get to say goodbye to his team.  But, that's how this is group operates I guess

We face each other in about 10 days, he can say his goodbyes personally then. In the meantime we live in a digital age. I understand this management group has done some sketchy things, this isn't one of them.

• Cheers 1

I guess we can officially say Lou won this trade

DATE TRADE DETAILS
Jun. 30, 2013

New Jersey Devils Acquire:
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
Cory Schneider · $4,000,000

Sum: $4,000,000
Change: +$4,000,000
Trade

Vancouver Canucks Acquire:
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
2013 1st round pick (NJD - #9 - Bo Horvat)

Sum: $0
Change

Both on the same team now. Maybe this was revenge? Lou was pi$$ed after Schneiders health fell a part so he went and took advantage of a rookie GM

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Why would offers get worse closer to the deadline?  Thats not generally how it works.......the closer you get to the tdl, the more desperate teams get.  The more desperate teams get, the more they give up.

It's a game of chicken. Offers could get better or they could get worse if they decide to go with another cheaper route leaving fewer teams available to bid against each other. And teams know we have a time crunch with a pending UFA so the closer we get to the deadline puts more pressure on us as well and might just take whatever is available worrying that we could lose him for nothing. It's a buyers market, they have the leverage this year given the little cap space. We took advantage of a team that isn't even in the playoffs and may not even make it. The value of that 1st is greater than any contender could offer and whatever prospect they give up will be no different than Raty. No contender is offering up any proven young player as they need them just as much as we would.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The likelihood is how much they value Raty, but more likely that 1st round pick.  None of the contenders would have a pick in the range we are looking at from NYI.  A late 1st is worth considerable less than a mid 1st.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed.  And that's why (IMHAO) for Bo to extend there, it will need to be a big overpay. 

The Islanders look very much like the team Bo joined in his rookie year.  It would be sad to

see Bo sell his chances for a SC, to repeat his time with the Canucks for the next 8yrs.

• There it is 1