The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

17 minutes ago, mll said:

Hurricanes' GM Waddell talking to Gentille for the Athletic, says that Allvin was upfront that he was looking to get the highest 1st round pick possible as part of the return for Horvat. 

Smart move by PA if true 

Just now, mll said:

Don't see why Waddell would lie.  Says they were going to be late 20s and hopefully 30s, and gave credit to Allvin for accomplishing what he set out to do.  

Just read the direct quote, certainly rings as true. 

I really like the reported approach here by PA.

23 minutes ago, mll said:

Hurricanes' GM Waddell talking to Gentille for the Athletic, says that Allvin was upfront that he was looking to get the highest 1st round pick possible as part of the return for Horvat. 

Not a big surprise.  If the NYI 1st is 13 to 15th, it is pretty much worth two late 1st round picks IMO (as I wouldn't be surprised to see pick 14 traded for picks 25 and 29.. or something like that).

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, mll said:

Don't see why Waddell would lie.  Says they were going to be late 20s and hopefully 30s, and gave credit to Allvin for accomplishing what he set out to do.  

Best part about this is it shows Alvin's true priority. When talking about a retool they said they wanted to target mid 20 players that need a second chance. But when the chips were down the most coveted piece was the future.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

Best part about this is it shows Alvin's true priority. When talking about a retool they said they wanted to target mid 20 players that need a second chance. But when the chips were down the most coveted piece was the future.

I like that they bluffed using the past regime's approach :lol:

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

Gives me some small sliver of faith they may still move Miller before July...

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952mddh9ocksrb8v0ddbl3

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Not a big surprise.  If the NYI 1st is 13 to 15th, it is pretty much worth two late 1st round picks IMO (as I wouldn't be surprised to see pick 14 traded for picks 25 and 29.. or something like that).

Or maybe Allvin really likes someone projected to go in that range?

Reinbacher hopefully. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

maybe or they think they will be even worse next year and give us 12th OA this year or whateves

I would be real happy with the 13th pick this year so hopefully the Isles stay close to where they are in the standings. Unprotected next year is enticing but like the certainly of 13th overall.

13 hours ago, J-23 said:

Isles look so bad again against an Ottawa team on a back to back, I really think this pick might be 2024 unprotected.

Did Trotz get fired or did he leave? I think he left. Something has been wrong with the NYI for some time. While I think they fight for a wild card to the end they could just as easily drop to #12 or worse. Fundamentally I think there is to much there for that to happen. Hang in their Bo and give us a #13! 

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Did Trotz get fired or did he leave? I think he left. Something has been wrong with the NYI for some time. While I think they fight for a wild card to the end they could just as easily drop to #12 or worse. Fundamentally I think there is to much there for that to happen. Hang in their Bo and give us a #13! 

Obviously I'm hoping for the earliest pick possible, but wouldn't it be just too fitting if now that Bo has switched to #14, that number ends up being the pick the Isles give us? ;)

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1