The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

20 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

LOU just gave away 2 top prospects and a 1st rounder. like what? Who would do that, and why would any any Canuck fan complain about such a huge haul? 

AB has over 200 points in the NHL he ain't no prospect haha! 25 yo winger who I remember was highly sought after back in the day though. I don't care for the isles and the boring defensive hockey they like to play so I don't know much about him anymore...

I remember raty being labeled as a potential 10A then fell way off lol. Seems like a good strong 2 way super young C...Perfect add. Should also be  12-16 pick being in that division which is amazing. Adding a 23 first in the teens is wild if we don't miss 

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Pretty sick of management trying on all these projects but I think Beauvelier is more of a camp dump to get Bo to fit. I would have preferred even Cizikas and we retain 50% of Bo but he plays a big roll for them whereas Beau is as useless as Garland.

As good as Raty looks, he himself is a bit of a project too.

Could they have retained even more on bo I wonder?  

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Or they have a great year next year and the pick is a late first.  Again, lottery protected or top protected, sure.  But top 12?

I don’t see that as a team that is getting better.

They have no cap space, no good prospects, and an aging core.

I don’t even see how they plan on re-signing Bo.

They’d be picking 14 if the draft was today. I could easily see them having a lotto pick next year.

Just now, gizmo2337 said:

The best player in this trade is Horvat. Raty may not pan out. Beauville is a temporary cap dump on us to balance salary. The pick will be late 1st round.

On the upside, since nobody can win a faceoff now, that should help the tank.

The best player in the trade was always going to be Horvat lol

10 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I am gonna lose my sh*t with people complaining about a protected 1st. Y'ALL WERE LITERALLY OFFERING BO TO CAROLINA FOR THEIR FIRST. What are you even on about at this point? It's literally bitching for the sake of bitching. Lol. This pick is more likely to be in the teens than in the late 20s. Like, do y'all even think about stuff before you complain? Is an unprotected Carolina 1st better than a top 12 protected Islanders 1st? Or does it just sound better to your 12 IQ brain? I can't, I actually can't. Y'all are something else.

People also surprised we had to take cap back. Look at capfriendly and tell me which teams can take 5+mil in cap and not send any out. You can't and you won't. Cause you assume you can just get 2 top prospects and top 10 picks for our players for reasons. Guy is a friggin' UFA. Why y'all actually thought we were getting team's 3 best prospects, no cap back, and without retention is wild to me. This forum might drive me to drinking.

A UFA who didn't want to sign for 5 cents less than full value to stay a Canuck. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

AB has over 200 points in the NHL he ain't no prospect haha! 25 yo winger who I remember was highly sought after back in the day though. I don't care for the isles and the boring defensive hockey they like to play so I don't know much about him anymore...

I remember raty being labeled as a potential 10A then fell way off lol. Seems like a good strong 2 way super young C...Perfect add. Should also be  12-16 pick being in that division which is amazing. Adding a 23 first in the teens is wild if we don't miss 

At one point Raty was a potential top 2-3 pick 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, Oregon.Duck said:

Way too many people forget that Horvat was a rental. A RENTAL. 

we got a decent B-prospect that crushed it in the men’s Finnish league. First round pick (I hope it goes to next near unprotected). And a serviceable middle six player. 

We can also flip them as assets to another team as a part of a package for something the isles didn’t want to give up. Maybe an RHD

He's an A prospect who had a down draft year. He's 20 and has played in the NHL already. 

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Raty is going to be a productive top six center for the Canucks. He was the Isles best prospect.

The pick if its this year goes in the teens likely which weird is exactly where you can expect the top defense in this draft to start going. 

I sure hope Raty pans out.  But I remember when many thought Nicklas Jensen was a sure fire top 6 (dont get me started on Dahlen, Goldobin etc etc) ....  not counting on anything at this point.

The first rounder does have some value, I agree.  The trade is arguably fair, im not contesting that.  I was hoping for at least a B level top 4 D prospect that is already showing promise in return...Bo is our best trade chip (outside of the 3 core players that is) and I was hoping they would use that to fill the biggest hole.

Trying to be level headed here, i realize there are several months to go before the start of next season and there could be a bunch of additional moves coming.

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

The best player in this trade is Horvat. Raty may not pan out. Beauville is a temporary cap dump on us to balance salary. The pick will be late 1st round.

On the upside, since nobody can win a faceoff now, that should help the tank.

Not so temporary 

8 minutes ago, Odjicks_Knuckles said:

I have a feeling we gonna get the 16 pick

Canucks

Umberger

Jim Hargraves

one time Canucks

Naslund

Diduck

Bernier

Ley

other notables

Andreychuk

Tarasenko

MaRCHMENT

Barzal

T Wilson

Secord

Mulvey

Wells

I think if the opportunities are there, there’s a a lot more to come folks.  Off season especially.  

If Ratu develops into a solid 2nd line C (and scouting reports are that he is very good defensively) Ill consider it a good trade for the nucks.  Nail the 1st rnd pick and do something with Beau eventually-even better.

Need some time to see how this one works out

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

The top 5 are all franchise players, after that it's a bit above average.  If they end up 7-8 and NYI end up 15ish, package them to get into the top 5 and get a franchise changer

For what it's worth... All these guys in everyone trade proposals like the Dobsons... the Scott Morrows ect are all available at these picks we currently have. It's not something to ho hum about if we have Hughes on D and EP up front still. Any high end prospect would flourish with those guys!