The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US military shoots down high-altitude object over Lake Huron on Sunday

The Arrogant Worms

1 hour ago, stanleysteamersmyl said:

They send US Navy Aircraft Carrier battle groups to the strait of Taiwan.  The water passage between China and Taiwan.

Imagine China or Russia sending their battleships in international waters beside the west coast.

300px-Abraham-Lincoln-battlegroup.jpg

Imagine how the people of Taiwan feel knowing the US will help protect them from the evil that is the current China government. That government in China is sick. 

5 hours ago, DeNiro said:

How do they know it’s the Chinese that are sending these?

Seems like Russia would be the ones doing it to test US defenses.

Also it made it all the way to Lake Huron? Where’s Canada in monitoring these things?

my guess is they've been happening for a long time, but the media never got wond of it........after the one in NC caught people's attention, now they have to aknowledge them all.  That's my guess anyway

• Cheers 2
  • elephant 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

my guess is they've been happening for a long time, but the media never got wond of it........after the one in NC caught people's attention, now they have to aknowledge them all.  That's my guess anyway

I wondered about that too. But then why would a government allow another govt to spy on it over its airspace like that? I partly wonder if US govt just wasn’t properly monitoring for these things until now?

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I wondered about that too. But then why would a government allow another govt to spy on it over its airspace like that? I partly wonder if US govt just wasn’t properly monitoring for these things until now?

After the first one, when Repugs were losing their minds, it was reported that they had happened in the Trump era as well.  Maybe the juice of shooting them down wasn't worth the squeeze of the international incident.  

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

There were others when TRUMP was POTUS.  So yes, there were others

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

How do they know it’s the Chinese that are sending these?

Seems like Russia would be the ones doing it to test US defenses.

Also it made it all the way to Lake Huron? Where’s Canada in monitoring these things?

At that altitude and depending on how it's built, let's just say there could be quite a few more floating around  -  Norad is antiquated.     We'd be totally naive to think this isn't exactly that (testing paths into the US).   And gathering other data. Power grid.   Dams.   Creating war games for decades already.    Unfortunately if this ever becomes a reality, there are definitely blind spots in the system (Norad).  

Edited by IBatch

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

At that altitude and depending on how it's built, let's just say there could be quite a few more floating around  -  Norad is antiquated.     We'd be totally naive to think this isn't exactly that (testing paths into the US).   And gathering other data. Power grid.   Dams.   Creating war games for decades already.    Unfortunately if this ever becomes a reality, there are definitely blind spots in the system (Norad).  

Good to know that NORAD tracks things other than Santa in Dec. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

When will those planes be available? They should be in our air force now.  

Announcement regarding the F-35 acquisition - Canada.ca

88 bought.  These are F-35, not F-22, which is not exported by US.

We expect:

• the first four aircraft to be delivered in 2026,
  • the next six in 2027,
  • and the next six in 2028,
  • with the full fleet to arrive in time to enable the phase out of the CF-18s by the end of 2032.
  • Thanks 1