The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday February 13 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Detroit Red Wings - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

6 minutes ago, brilac said:

I know @Odd.! With your sad reaction! It's a sad experience missing now 43 minutes of the Bachelor. And I must tune in tomorrow on Hulu so I can catch it all as it is a must see! 

What to miss? Teeny bop girls gushing over a guy? The only lucky person in that show is the guy lol

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Still don’t think we have the necessary suckage to finish in the bottom 5. But I’ll admit my certainty is waning, lol.

The biggest risk to this is Demko returning and finding his form enough to steal the odd game. I refuse to cheer for losses. But if the losses happen organically I can live with it enough if it gives us a chance at some elite talent. Where IS the big talent drop off in this draft - besides the obvious one after Bedard?

my opinion is the top 3 .. i think those guys will be no brainers in a year like this 

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Besides goaltending, the team has been playing pretty good under Tocchet. Also Tocchet has cups as a coach in this league…

I haven't noticed much change.   Don't get too excited.  They've been playing some very easy teams and will throughout the last several weeks of the season - as they have the easiest schedule of any team in the NHL until April.    This is the same old Canucks team we've been watching for years minus 1 player (Beau).   Until most of the team is replaced including the entire defensive corps (except QH) Nothing will change and we'll continue missing the playoffs year after year after year.

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean we were doing pretty well with Boudreau tanking.

Unsure long-term Tocchet is the guy. He is more Green-like, which didn't work out. 

Not many options when we moved on from BB though. 

There are improvements, even with every loss.  BB wasn’t the long term solution either. Biggest difference is the assistant coaches. We didn’t have an Adam Foote and Sergei Gonchar under Green…

• elephant 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean we were doing pretty well with Boudreau tanking.

Unsure long-term Tocchet is the guy. He is more Green-like, which didn't work out. 

Not many options when we moved on from BB though. 

BB was way too feast or famine. Right now we are playing more predictable and in close games. 

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

You could buy your wife a new vacuum cleaner for Valentines Day tomorrow. 

How about I buy your wife a new vaccum cleaner? Me and her can vacuum the bedroom together

• Haha 2