The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Seravelli: “Some smoke around Kerfoot and Vancouver”

Odd.

‪We do need a center, IF we could get paid to take him and then see if he could be a fit moving forward it would be a good move IMO.

Would love getting paid to take him then  retain money on him and flipping him for an additional asset though. 

Edited by brian42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Kerfoot is bad, and 28-years old. Why would the Canucks want him?

Fine.

Poolman for Kerfoot, then let Kerfoot walk after this season.

It would be us taking his expiring cap hit for a pick. Or maybe something like Sandin and kerfoot for Schenn.

• Thanks 1

I think Servallii needs to stop smoking what or whomever he's smoking. Makes zero sense to take on another forward when the team is stacked with them. Whatever the Canucks do, if they do anything more at all, should be for picks or prospects, and maybe a defenseman. That's it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • elephant 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Fine.

he is an NHL calibre 3C... we have Sheldon dries right now as 3C... the last time we had an nhl calibre 3C-Manny Malhotra, think about it... although I would prefer Evan Rodrigues, 

alternatively this is a cap move for TO and we take kerfoot for a pick and then flip him with retention for a pick 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Servallii needs to stop smoking what or whomever he's smoking. Makes zero sense to take on another forward when the team is stacked with them. Whatever the Canucks do, if they do anything more at all, should be for picks or prospects, and maybe a defenseman. That's it. 

Exactly. We need defense. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

he is an NHL calibre 3C... we have Sheldon dries right now as 3C... the last time we had an nhl calibre 3C-Manny Malhotra, think about it... although I would prefer Evan Rodrigues, 

alternatively this is a cap move for TO and we take kerfoot for a pick and then flip him with retention for a pick 

He's played mostly wing and has struggled on the dot the last 3 years. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So Kerfoot plus Sandin/Liljegren 

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Makes no sense to take on a UFA unless there’s a bigger piece involved. Kerfoot only has $185k in actual cash left. Toronto have no 2nds and majority of their top picks until 2027.

It would make sense if we're including a contract with term that they want to get out of.

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Fine.

What about Pearson for Kerfoot adn we flip kerfoot this deadline with retention for a pick? Can laffs take on the 3.25m cap hit for next year though on Pearson, unlikely but not our problem! Allows laffs to add more or bring Murray of IR

Has Frank called any “rumor” or trade correctly this season.

I wish they had “insider” stats  

So loading up on middle bottom six forwards just what we need. 
he’s a cap dump TO has no picks of value they want us to take him it would cost them a 23 or 22 year old D

schenn for Kerfoot and lilj or Sandin

cap dumps cost and all TO has to offer is two young D men.

• Cheers 1

Myers 2.5mil retained for Kerfoot straight up. Gives us 3mil this offseason to use as we see fit. We don't need or want Kerfoot. But we also don't want to give up assets to move Myers. So we can take him to move out Myers. If we can squeeze a middling pick too, bonus.

Edit: Although it sounds like they want cap. Not equal cap in as cap out. Do they even have picks left anymore for us to take a cap dump?

Edited by N7Nucks

2 minutes ago, combover said:

Has Frank called any “rumor” or trade correctly this season.

I wish they had “insider” stats  

So loading up on middle bottom six forwards just what we need. 
he’s a cap dump TO has no picks of value they want us to take him it would cost them a 23 or 22 year old D

schenn for Kerfoot and lilj or Sandin

cap dumps cost and all TO has to offer is two young D men.

We need young dmen and Kerfoot is a UFA. And can play Centre.