The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

wowzaaaaa

hard to pass judgement on this so early - I guess time will tell.  This is certainly not a rebuilding move and I think that is what this team needs most.

Amazing how many 2nds we've traded away over the years.

Edited by Sell.the.team
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Really?? Isn’t Hronek not so good at the defence part of Defence? I’m not too familiar. I know Detroit isn’t the best team, but didn’t we need more size? Was really excited about the fact we had 2 firsts this year… and a second?!? What in the actual F. This really caught me off guard 

Edited by Nuckin Kingsly
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

https://sportsforecaster.com/nhl/p/26069/Filip_Hronek

SCOUTING REPORT

There is no question about Hronek's offensive skills. He is a fine skater who can move the puck and find forwards for breakout passes. Is fully capable of running the power play and knows how to get pucks to the net. Has very good offensive instincts. His play in his own zone is still a work in progress. Has added muscle since being drafted but needs to get even stronger to take the next step in his career.

Long Range Potential:

Quality offensive defenseman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick
Just now, HKSR said:

Wow.  I'm so torn about this.

Hronek looks like a fantastic RHD, but is he the RIGHT kinda RHD than we need?  He doesn't seem to be the mold of the RHD we need for Hughes.

And I was so excited to have 2 picks in the 1st round!  Especially in this deep draft!  And now we have no 2nd round pick either!

I dunno about this...

I wonder about OEL’s health ,  seriously .