The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

The Vancouver Canucks have acquired defenceman Filip Hronek and a 2023 4th round pick from the Detroit Red Wings in exchange for the the Islanders’ conditional 2023 1st round pick and a 2023 2nd round pick.

Is this even true? Souce is Hockey News FB page. Looking for link.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

So I mean great we got an undersized middle of the road right defenseman. And all we had to do is give up our shot at reinbacher for it. Oh, and a second round pick because hey who needs draft picks right.

I don't hate it but I absolutely do not love it it seems like a wild overpayment in a really bad time of year to be making trades of this nature

remember when seider was supposed to go like 19? and detroit picked him way earlier?

as it stands, canucks 1st will be 3-10 with the Isles being 13-32.

Would you be happy if the Canucks used their 1st on Reinbacher or the other RHD ? their supposed to go 14-28.

both rhd will likely be gone before the Isles pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bounce000 said:

Horvat and 2nd 

for 

Raty

Hronek

Beavillier

:bigblush:

When looked at in that lens, it looks pretty good. 

Middle 6 (looking more like top 6) winger

Top 4 RHD

Top tier prospect.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Me thinks there might be more to OEL than we know. Perhaps he will not be playing out his entire contract (injury/buyout). 

Hronek is a solid pick up.

And dont fret yet folks, theres still 2 days until TDL. and we still have CAP space!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Hronek is 25, signed for 1 more season, 60gp 38pts +8.

I like this acquisition!

He's going to be demanding a large raise next summer. This team also isn't going to be competing in the next couple of years. 

We needed the picks more than we needed a middle pairing defenseman. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Oregon.Duck said:

So we get a young RD (a clear need) for what would have been a mid to late first, who we might have hoped to maybe turn into a quality player.

These folks, legit top 4 D, don't grow on trees. Hronek is a known commodity. I can dig this. 25 or below. 

So how will you feel about this if the Islanders keep their pick this year and next year that's a third or fourth overall?

• Cheers 2