The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

You prove yourself as a mastermind one more time.

So you rather let Petey and Hughes wait five more years for the draft picks to develop? 

This is a master mind thingy by PA so you should cheer instead.

Yes we need to actually develop prospects. Our cupboards are bare.

It looked like we were finally heading in the right direction, so to see them change course and do the same thing as we did with OEL is frustrating.

If we're to spend picks, don't spend them on guys like Hronek. He is not the legit top 4 D some people think he is.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Again, it's the timing.......same as horvat.  Why not wait and maximize your asset value?  That pick would be far more valuable in june

Or, we just ran out of time. Sometimes waiting leaves you caught with your pants around your ankles . 

• Cheers 1

It’s just comical really.

I’m sure I’ll come around to the trade but the fact the Canucks had an extra pick for just under a month before trading it is funny.

This organization can’t seem to add more picks, they burn a hole in their pockets. :lol:

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Ok. My argument was that a cap dump should of least went the other way. Like Myers. This is a brutal trade. I can't defend it.

I'm not defending it. It seems like a shortcut to me. We've been burned too many times by our Pro scouting.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

One bite at a time my friend.  The big bruising Dmen are on their way.  They are cheaper to get than a legit top 4 RHD who can put up 50+ points and run a power play.  I mean, how often is a player like Hronek even available?  Think about that.  Who is the last RHD under 26 years old that puts up 50+ points that was traded?

When a dman under 26 who scores 50 points gets traded, will be the last time it happened. Hronek hasn't even hit 40 in his career yet.

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

They are going to draft an entire team, Develop them, Build an arena from the ground up and make the playoffs before us

Or they’re going to continue to be a dog-poo laughingstock and dumping grounds for bad contracts for another decade.  All those picks will be traded away for more picks in a few years and the cycle will continue until they’re playing home games as road hockey in a school parking.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, awalk said:

That's what I mean, he's not a top pairing D man as Allvin just stated. 

He could be, but I wouldn’t necessarily want him to play with Hughes. 

I think being the offensive anchor on the 2nd pairing is a good way to spread out the offence from the backend. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

I don't care so much about that.  The isles pick probably won't see the NHL for at least three years, if at all. 

I guess we differ on that front.

Trading that pick, plus a 2nd, for a pending RFA whose addition is likely going to devalue our own first rounder is something I care about....