The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Red Wings trade Filip Hronek, 2023 4th-round pick to Canucks for conditional 2023 1st-round pick (NYI), 2023 2nd-round pick

3 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

True, but having a top 15-20 pick from NYI and say the 6th overall pick, gives us the ability to move up into that 2-5 spot to draft a game changer. 

We're not ready to compete, Hronek isn't something we needed to add right now, and especially not at the cost for a middle pairing defenceman who can't seem to defend. 

There is zero chance any of the teams below us would be trading out of the top 2-5 spot in this draft. 

Part of building a team is through draft, the other part is developing a core. He fits our window perfectly. 

Not upset about this one bit. Keep everything in perspective. this is a solid return for Bo

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Lol dunno what to think... 

Was a 2023 2nd really Necessary? 

Basically a first rounder in any other draft, so two firsts for a 25 year old puck moving small injured RD who's going to get an over inflated contract next year.

How long until Allvin gets fired? If we're not in a playoff spot next year he deserves to be canned for a move like this. This is the equivalent of JB's OEL trade.

• Wat 3
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, MattWN. said:

He's going to be demanding a large raise next summer. This team also isn't going to be competing in the next couple of years. 

We needed the picks more than we needed a middle pairing defenseman. 

Really? because the canucks defense looks like this currently

Hughes Juulsen

Brisebois Myers

Wolanin Burroughs

4 or 5 of those players are not even top 6.

kinda need some help on Defense...

Dermott, Poolman, Bear, OEL injured.

Getting a good player back. Not going to complain. We need a player like him. 

This is the type of trade i was hoping they would do… around 2024 after accumulating young players and picks this and next season.  Stock pile assets first then look for trade opportunities. Obviously canucks want a quick retool. 

Hmmm. I don't like giving up the upside of the Islanders pick, though if its 14-25 (most likely) I think that's a fine price to pay a youngish RHD that can be here for awhile. 

Im just not sure what to think about Hronek as far as what he is exactly. Can he play with Hughes? Does he drive a 2nd pair? I guess we'll find out. 

So, Bo Horvat with money retained until the end of this season, and a 2023 (VAN) second round pick for:

Fiilp Hronek

Anthony Beauvilier

Atu Raty

2023 (DET) fourth round pick

hmmmm…..I’m a bit undecided on this but we now have a great DMan in Hronek and what appears to be a gem in Beauvilier and a skilled prospect in Raty, Do we call it a win? 

1 minute ago, AlexBurrows14Yu said:

!!? We gave up first and second round!? Who is this person? He better be good! I’m frustrated trading picks again and again especially high ones. Couldn’t we have given them the leafs 3rd round! Hope we get another first round for Boeser and Miller! And Myers.

The only team dumb enough to give up a decent draft pick for any of those players are currently holding them under contract.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Iron Man said:

Should've held on to the picks and build through the draft. Enough of this fence jumping, mixed messages, etc.

100%, this just increases that odds at extending our reign of mediocrity. 

We have one of, if not the worst prospect pool in the league. 

We are not in a position to be moving top end picks for guys who don't push the needle enough to be competitive.

We're so many quality players away from being a top team, this move is desperation.

I'm just glad to see us grab a RHD and address our core weakness finally. Seems to be aged correctly to run with our current core. A drafted D-man, mid first is likely 3-4 years away if we aren't rushing him. Second move that hasn't pissed me off. Didn't mind the Schenn deal either. Yes, it would have been nice to get more than a 3rd but people seem to forget he was almost out of the league when we took a flyer on him the first time. Hope we can get him back and he can be a 5-7 Depth D-man where he belongs at this point

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TeamTurmoil said:

So where is the 1st then? 

We got that 1st from NYI for Horvat. So we traded it away got Hronek.

We still have our 1st.

We gave away Horvat + 2nd we got back Beau, Horonek,  Raty, 4th. 

• Vintage 2