The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Guillaume Brisebois

A positive move by the team, nice to see a player work their way up the organization. This is also a benefit of having the final 1/3 of the year as a extended Training Camp as Tocchet describes. Under other coaching staffs and different seasons the team would not be giving these players a look. Now we wait for Drance to lose his mind " I don't understand, this makes no sense, I mean we need a common sense direction, you don't pour money into 25 year old defensemen like Brisebois, how will the Canucks not be capped out after this ? this team time and again has an opportunity to make the right choice and they continue to prove they don't have a read on the market and are wasting contract spaces " hahahahahhaha

• Haha 3

Just now, mordekai said:

He was injured a lot

hence it took him such a long time

True but seems so far he looks decent as a 7th d man for now.I hope he can be on the third pair if he keeps his play up and simple.Di the little things right.

His skating and smarts is certainly evident. I hope he takes the next step and becomes a regular for us.

I remember a few years ago I thought he looked NHL ready in his 8 games. covid/injuries definitely halted his development.

Its crazy to think he’s the longest serving member of our team now.

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

When I see him mentioned anywhere, I always think of Jason Botchford screaming "BREEZEBOH!!!!" on TSN 1040. RIP Botch.

A solid, depth defender. He'll likely never get claimed on waivers so he's perfect for being a call up option/AHL leader when the Canucks need a d man in a pinch. I like the signing and I like the player.

Curious if they'll re-sign Wolanin and Burroughs soon. Those two guys are also excellent depth pieces and should be locked up well before July 1st rolls around.

I hope Wolanin and Burroughs as Wolanin brings a bit of an offensive flair and Burroughs brings toughness. Breezy is just a stable stay at home defencemen but just based on last night's game, he needs some work on the offensive side.

How does this look for a worst case scenario?

Hughes 7.8 Bear 2.0

Brisebois 0.775 Hronek 4.4

Wolanin 1.2 Burroughs 1.0

That's a cap friendly D-corps (I know that 3 remain to be signed).  Does it make it possible to do this?:

• Trade Myers with 50% retained 3.0 for 1 year
  • Buyout OEL (you know the story there)

I don't actually think this will happen but honestly, it's a better group than they've had all year.  They'll have to improve it as time goes on but it's a start.  

In reality, I think that Allvin will do more.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

How does this look for a worst case scenario?

Hughes 7.8 Bear 2.0

Brisebois 0.775 Hronek 4.4

Wolanin 1.2 Burroughs 1.0

That's a cap friendly D-corps (I know that 3 remain to be signed).  Does it make it possible to do this?:

• Trade Myers with 50% retained 3.0 for 1 year
  • Buyout OEL (you know the story there)

I don't actually think this will happen but honestly, it's a better group than they've had all year.  They'll have to improve it as time goes on but it's a start.  

In reality, I think that Allvin will do more.

How much will Livingston make when he signs with us? 

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think he makes the team next year.  At $775k he would help with the cap.  If we can land Livingstone as well then we'd have two cheap options for the bottom pair and/or the 7/8 spot.  That means we can move on from Dermott and Bear and save over $2 million in cap space to sign Graves/Gavrikov for the top 4...

Yes yes I am a big Graves fan.. Graves 27 - 6'5 - 220 lbs - LD, solid tough gritty stay at home D man for Hughes..

Sure hope we can sign a tough stay at home guy make more room for Hughes and will protect him...