The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

On 5/13/2023 at 11:37 AM, Coconuts said:

Yeaaaah, the amount of Leafs media transplants in BC doesn't really help, or the number of Leafs fan transplants. I know Canucks fanbase can be obnoxious, I've been around CDC and other media bits long enough to have seen a lot of it, but the Leafs are at another level. I probably wouldn't hate the Leafs so much if they hadn't been shoved in my face so much over the course of my having been a hockey fan, I think that goes for a lot of people. They aren't, and never will be, Canada's team. That's team Canada, that's the only team I'll recognize as Canada's team, Canada is a free for all for the most part otherwise. 

Edmonton and Toronto are more natural rivalries, I know people who root for both of em, we get along. All those first overall picks though, and McDavid (understandably) getting the Crosby treatment and constantly being shoved in our faces, it got old quick. I didn't used to understand how eastern fanbases were so tired of Crosby and Ovechkin but I get it now. I take particular delight in seeing Edmonton fail, but like you've said that's largely a mutual thing based on decades of rivalry. 

I suppose Calgary has the Iginla factor too, man did I ever love Iginla. Dude was like the perfect hockey player. I wish we'd been able to see him with the twins, they would have torn it up. 

Iginla was picked at 11. Just sayin. You are correct he is the perfect hockey player. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Master Mind said:

You celebrate in joy because the team you hate lost.

Not defending the Leafs, I just find it odd that people hate them so much. Sure the media attention is annoying, but there's much more evil organizations in the league worth hating imo.

"The team you hate"? You're speaking for me now, cute. LOL at you telling me what I feel/do.

The team you hate is seemingly your extreme way of trying to make a point while the rest of us are just having good clean sports fun. It's part of it...trash talking. It's not a character flaw in some of us, it's you making it something it's not. The Leaf fans do the same thing when the skate's on the other foot, don't kid yourself. And it's ok to celebrate them getting knocked out so we can stop hearing the endless coverage.

15 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

"The team you hate"? You're speaking for me now, cute. LOL at you telling me what I feel/do.

The team you hate is seemingly your extreme way of trying to make a point while the rest of us are just having good clean sports fun. It's part of it...trash talking. It's not a character flaw in some of us, it's you making it something it's not. The Leaf fans do the same thing when the skate's on the other foot, don't kid yourself. And it's ok to celebrate them getting knocked out so we can stop hearing the endless coverage.

Why would you celebrate a loss if you didn't hate the team? It's pretty obvious that's the reason.

No, Leafs fans don't celebrate our losses, not like this anyway. I'm in Ontario and have never come across this. They've always been indifferent or routing for us in the playoffs.

If you get that much enjoyment out of a non rival team losing, fill your boots. I just think it's strange.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Why would you celebrate a loss if you didn't hate the team? It's pretty obvious that's the reason.

No, Leafs fans don't celebrate our losses, not like this anyway. I'm in Ontario and have never come across this. They've always been indifferent or routing for us in the playoffs.

If you get that much enjoyment out of a non rival team losing, fill your boots. I just think it's strange.

They do out here on the coast.

But it's all good. Sports aren't that serious, it's all just tribal rivalries.

i agree with you about the Blackhawks. That org provide reasons for real 'hate'.

When some people like myself say ' i hate all other teams and their fans can choke on their tears after a loss' ....it is only in the realm of sports. My bro-in-law is hardcore Boston fan. He's cool AF, except when it comes to hockey....then him and his team can suck it. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -DLC- said:

The Leaf fans do the same thing when the skate's on the other foot, don't kid yourself.

No Leafs fans are angelic heroes  who've never done anything obnoxious whatsoever. When other teams get knocked out they express their empathetic pain for the other fans by donating blood and giving footrubs to the homeless. That's why its the sworn duty of the closeted Leafs fans on this board to come crawling out of the woodwork to defend them when someone insinuates they don't love the Leafs with all their heart. They're Canada's team. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same. I don't particularly like the leafs or the Oilers, but I don't feel the same level of schadenfreude as the majority here....

Flames and Habs, OTOH....

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same. I don't particularly like the leafs or the Oilers, but I don't feel the same level of schadenfreude as the majority here....

Flames and Habs, OTOH....

Don't get me wrong if the Flames just got snuffed out in the playoffs I'd be laughing at them too. 

Instead I'll just laugh at them approaching Canuck levels of dumpster-fire. 

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wonder if Schenn re-signs with the Leafs?

Hope not. At least give us a chance to put in our bid on July 1st.

Schenn has played well enough to get a raise and it'd be interesting if there are other teams who also want his service. I think at this stage of Schenn's career family comes first so I hope we still have the edge. 

I'm sure leafs would like Schenn back, but they have so many other messes to sort out first. I doubt it's on the top of their priority to resign him. 

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He just had another kid.  He lives in Kelowna.  I am sure he'd rather be back in Vancouver as long as the deal makes sense and Toronto doesn't outbid us.  They don't have any cap space either so we will see who wants him more I guess...

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all, but I also don't believe it's Vancouver hell or high water the way some folks do. 

He's got roots in Toronto too.