The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Tony DeAngelo

24 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

He made some bad choices when he was a teenager. Was there more racist stuff when he got to the NHL. I remember the last thing people didn’t like about him was he was a big Trump supporter. If you can get him for say 1 million for 1 year would you do it?

No. This guy is a definite NO. He’s bad news. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

To be honest, I hope Hronek can put up offensive numbers like DeAngelo. That would be nice. Everything else he brings as a player and person, hard pass.

Some team will probably offer him a decent 1 year deal. That or he heads to Russia or Sweden.

6 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

He made some bad choices when he was a teenager. Was there more racist stuff when he got to the NHL. I remember the last thing people didn’t like about him was he was a big Trump supporter. If you can get him for say 1 million for 1 year would you do it?

Hard no.  Not only is he a terrible person, he's a terrible defenceman.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Not only did Deangelo get benched for the last 5 games on a team that desperately needs D, he publicly whined about it, while not taking any personal accountability for playing like complete trash.  Not only is his play in his own zone unacceptable, he doesn't seem to understand this fact. 

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2628362 

YO

Just say NO

To DeangeLO

rapper GIF by Stress

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Thought he was going to Carolina, I wonder if they sign him after this. Surely some team will take him on despite all his flaws...

Carolina has a Staal wearing the C and still b has Stastny on the roster.  They don't care about character flaws.  Even still, they'd be insane to bring in a guy who is worse than useless on the ice.

On 7/14/2023 at 3:08 PM, flickyoursedin said:

He's the only player ever to be bought out twice.  Let that sink in. Do you really want that guy in the locker room?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Carolina has a Staal wearing the C and still b has Stastny on the roster.  They don't care about character flaws.  Even still, they'd be insane to bring in a guy who is worse than useless on the ice.

North Carolina is as red state as they come. They're fine with racist actions and politics.   he did OK there on his first go around, that's likely all they're taking into consideration 

49 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

North Carolina is as red state as they come. They're fine with racist actions and politics.   he did OK there on his first go around, that's likely all they're taking into consideration 

He was nowhere close to being an NHL quality player in Carolina.

• Wat 1

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

And he was still absolute trash in his own zone.  When you're as much of a defensive liability as this pylon, it doesn't matter how many points you put up. 

When you’re  +30 you’re not that much of a liability to be fair.