The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ontario bans online gambling commercials featuring athletes and celebrities

Rate this topic

Wayne has a net worth of about $250 mill

Jamie Foxx is about $170 mill.

After what went down in Wayne's, and Rick Tochett's life earlier, in regards to gambling; I'm not impressed by Gretzky shilling for betting sites.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gurn said:

Wayne has a net worth of about $250 mill

Jamie Foxx is about $170 mill.

After what went down in Wayne's, and Rick Tochett's life earlier, in regards to gambling; I'm not impressed by Gretzky shilling for betting sites.

Maybe being the great one also includes being one of hockey's greatest gambling sellouts

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-banning-online-gambling-commercials-featuring-athletes-and-celebrities-1.6539223

Let's see how long it takes for other provinces to follow suit.

Will we ever see Wayne Gretzky again?  Or will he only show up whenever he dines out with Aquaman??

Love this.   Why he'd put his name with these guys.   But he isn't the only one, including some current guys.   It's disgraceful IMO.   Do some Pepsi commercials or something. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Sick of all the gambling ads in general surrounding sports these days. 

Yes.    The same way I didn't like them putting adds on the boards and ruining that look.   Now they have branded our team.  TD.   Ugh.   Something just a few short years ago, Bettman said "over my dead body" when the adidas tiny logo was added ... gross. 

Edited by IBatch

11 minutes ago, Pears said:

I do my fair share of gambling every once in awhile, but holy good god am I ever sick of getting these commercials rammed down my throat. Really hope BC does something similar. 

I was the same these ads killed my interest in partaking entirely. It's nauseating. 

• Cheers 2

As someone who places more than a few wagers. I find the ads extremely distasteful. It's literally being shoved down people's throats and most can't handle wagering without it getting out of hand. It's like offering people crack.

They should treat it the same as cigarettes, you cannot advertise cigarettes on TV and this should be the same. Or at least restrict the ads to late at night. It's ridiculous.

Edited by nuckin_futz
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3