Just now, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Whenever I see Myers now, I see Vanessa Jang’s “long neck” tweet.

Just something you can’t unsee.

And now you all are cursed too. 

(Not sure if this should be tagged NSFW. Could get you in trouble if a coworker just caught a glimpse of that tweet and didn’t quite know what it was :lol:)

Where's the photoshopping? I just see a regular picture of Tyler Myers. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

http://canucksarmy.com/2020/08/13/nikita-tryamkin-earns-player-of-game-in-preseason-tournament-game-lots-of-video/

be good to see him get a lot of ice time, hopefully develops well and an agreement hammered out at some point 

Think what you will about Bill Peters as a coach/person but this is going to help Tryamkin IMO. He's going to knock the corners off Tryamkins game, the best thing that could happen to the kid

• Hydration 2

Posted (edited)

Player of the game  honors. On his goal he beats the F1 and goes all.the.way. on a great give an go.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 2

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too bad he wasn't eligible for this run.

Hairy, I think the leafs signed a Euro/ Russian and have “loaned” him back to his Club in Europe.  

I wonder if we could have perhaps signed Nik for the next 20-21 season, and since the NHL is trying to start the 20-21 season in December (Rumour) , that would have allowed us his access and return as long as he came under the cap to fit?

• Hydration 1

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hairy, I think the leafs signed a Euro/ Russian and have “loaned” him back to his Club in Europe.  

I wonder if we could have perhaps signed Nik for the next 20-21 season, and since the NHL is trying to start the 20-21 season in December (Rumour) , that would have allowed us his access and return as long as he came under the cap to fit?

This guy i think:

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/yegor-korshkov

Loaned to KHL August 8th. per elite prospects. 

Yes, we could have signed Tryamkin to a contract with a euro out clause, loaned him to Avto, and if we could make the cap work, have access to him, if not, let him play out the KHL season.

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1

8 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too bad he wasn't eligible for this run.

Would have been pretty opportune to have him draw in if Myers can't go. A Juolevi Tryamkin pairing would have been nice to see.

• Hydration 1

47 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Would have been pretty opportune to have him draw in if Myers can't go. A Juolevi Tryamkin pairing would have been nice to see.

I’m really looking forward to seeing him with our club Elvis..  

podolzkin will actually be eligible to play before we finish the 20-21 season on his ELC/

Qualifying contact.

.. and it’s a possibility that The KHL season and release of contracts will take place at times where Tryamkin could still sign with us legitimately to end the NHL 20-21 season.

Pretty sure these 2 guys won’t miss a step in our game.

Kind of interesting to watch Tryamkin progress this season under Bill Peters as his Coach.

in exhibition play, looks like Bill is trying to use the full tool box of size / skill/ and skating abilities this young man possesses.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

We could have Sam but I think the main issue was Aquilini didn’t want to sign him to a one way contract with the cap being flat.  I think Benning as well wanted cap flexibility to sign our UFA’s and RFA’s.

At this point it looks like we probably won’t even re-sign Toffoli and maybe even Stecher. And then we have Ferland who will most likely go on LTIR. That should allow us enough money to re-sign Markstrom and Tanev, which at this point are the two priorities. Virtanen, Gaudette and Motte also need to be re-signed as RFA’a so we should have enough cap space to sign them as well. 

Tryamkin was a COVID casualty unfortunately, but luckily he is getting regular playing time right now and has a much better coach than last year, someone who can get him ready for the NHL. Next year Tryamkin should be able to come in and secure a top 6 spot and hopefully bring the pain that we so desperately need in the backend. 

Podkolzin and Tryamkin are the two Russian tanks we need to take this team to the promised land. 

• Hydration 4

On 8/15/2020 at 2:44 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Podkolzin and Tryamkin are the two Russian tanks we need to take this team to the promised land. 

The Russians are coming !!!

image.thumb.png.6b933702186dbea583fd53b844ea3c75.png

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/15/2020 at 12:36 PM, SilentSam said:

podolzkin will actually be eligible to play before we finish the 20-21 season on his ELC/

Qualifying contact.

.. and it’s a possibility that The KHL season and release of contracts will take place at times where Tryamkin could still sign with us legitimately to end the NHL 20-21 season.

Kind of interesting to watch Tryamkin progress this season under Bill Peters as his Coach.

in exhibition play, looks like Bill is trying to use the full tool box of size / skill/ and skating abilities this young man possesses.

Oh! Come on Sam....Tryamkin has regressed!

Everyone knows that!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Could you imagine Perron trying that crap with Tryamkin?

I would pay good money to see Groot chuck that little s*** around like a ragdoll. Wanna f*** with petey or huggy? 

I Will Crush You GIFs | Tenor

• Hydration 2

I don't think we will see Nikie in a Vancouver uniform.  Too much water under the bridge.  I think Jimbo will trade his rights during the off-season.  I think we have some good LD prospects and they don't need the drama that Nikie seems to bring with him. B)

On 8/15/2020 at 8:36 PM, SilentSam said:

Qualifying contact.

Have to in the KHL - the rinks in the KHl are different sizes, so a defence many needs to be able to play on the tight NA sized rinks, the finish width and the international 30m width.  Defencemen when playing on a 30m wide rink need to be a lot more mobile and cannot cheat positionally as much. However they also need to learn how to use the tighter spaces on the 26m rinks. 

image.jpeg.1519e1726464f15194ec04bb972fba8f.jpeg

On 8/15/2020 at 9:36 PM, SilentSam said:

Qualifying contact.

From the CBA memorandum of understanding.  Once the start and end of the regular season is known, it will be possible to calculate the deadline for RFAs.  Past that date RFAs like Tryamkin will not be allowed to play for the remainder of the season.

S. 11.4 Signing Deadline for a Group 2 Free Agent

The December 1 deadline shall occur on the date that is closest to the one-quarter (1/4) mark of the 2020-21 Regular Season.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

From the CBA memorandum of understanding.  Once the start and end of the regular season is known, it will be possible to calculate the deadline for RFAs.  Past that date RFAs like Tryamkin will not be allowed to play for the remainder of the season.

S. 11.4 Signing Deadline for a Group 2 Free Agent

The December 1 deadline shall occur on the date that is closest to the one-quarter (1/4) mark of the 2020-21 Regular Season.

I’m going to guess next season is a reduced season starting in December possibly (ignoring all the issues around COVID in the USA etc which will impact it) 

if they push out the playoff dates they could potentially have 2/3 of a Season, which would possibly make RFA mid feb. 

the khl season finishes in April so it’s possible that if a deal is struck earlier we get access to him from then which may give us a month to get him rested/and or acclimatised and ready for PO 

• Hydration 1

41 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I’m going to guess next season is a reduced season starting in December possibly (ignoring all the issues around COVID in the USA etc which will impact it) 

if they push out the playoff dates they could potentially have 2/3 of a Season, which would possibly make RFA mid feb. 

the khl season finishes in April so it’s possible that if a deal is struck earlier we get access to him from then which may give us a month to get him rested/and or acclimatised and ready for PO 

It might be a compressed schedule - no All Star game and no bye-week in the schedule.  If they start in December it could be as early as mid-January.  

Does his KHL contract even have an out-clause?  If they don't release him by that RFA signing deadline he won't be available to join the Canucks in 2020/21. 

Also with the cap likely tight and Ferland possibly on LTIR the Canucks would have to keep his cap hit available to be able to sign him during the regular season.  With LTIR in use they can't bank cap space and will have to be under the cap by his full cap hit to be able to add him (no pro-rata approach with LTIR in use).  

There's no cap limit in the post-season but that's past the RFA signing deadline.