The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

So he left back for Russia already.. I think I heard he'll be back next year (I assume Summer is what they meant)

(I was at the ubc rink Thursday)

Thanks for the update. Kind of weird timing if you ask me. Is KHL training camp starting soon? I am surprised he can't stay for that extra day or 2 to at least participate in the 4 vs 4 or at least for the whole training camp... Visa issues?

Use this as your measuring range. a Guy by the name of Travis Morin was the best player in the AHL last year. In the NHL he's not a player at all... Also, Jason Krog was the best player in the AHL for YEARS, he couldn't make it in the NHL either.

Has a Stanley Cup ring, dude played 21 games in those finals.

In comparison to Chara, I don't think he looks like Chara or even plans like chara. Right now, Tryamkin is very different to the Chara we kind of see him being. Chara is a very positionally sound, defensive presence. I hate to say that because he puts up great numbers year after year but what I'm saying is that he definitely thinks defense first. Tryamkin on the other hand seems like a loose canon. He seems to be a better skater than Chara was at the same age and doesn't look at awkward, albeit he is shorter than Chara. He uses a short stick from what I saw today at the player development camp and he really doesn't look like a position defensemen, but more a jump in the rush, use your skating to your advantage. He, in my mind, is a great skater, something he has over the tree Chara.

I don't know much about him but it sounds like if he doesn't work out as a D-Man we could try him as a power forward kinda like Brent Burns.

According to Botch: Nucks brass think he may get bought out by his KHL team after the season.

Not sure why they would do that, but interesting none the less

Three little words, but that give me a lot more background on if I should believe that or not.

Vey was not a pick, he was acquired in exchange for a pick. And he's already played in the NHL...

Oh really! I thought we picked him as a 22 year old over ager, because the NHL made a special exemption for him to re enter the draft! Think I read that somewhere on CDC.

But to clarify we used our second round pick to get him right? So it's kinda similar to having "picked him" we picked him up.

In essence we were able to draft a 22 year old PPG player in the AHL with our second rounder right?

Oh really! I thought we picked him as a 22 year old over ager, because the NHL made a special exemption for him to re enter the draft! Think I read that somewhere on CDC.

But to clarify we used our second round pick to get him right? So it's kinda similar to having "picked him" we picked him up.

In essence we were able to draft a 22 year old PPG player in the AHL with our second rounder right?

You've really bought into Linden Vey eh?

• Upvote 1

Pretty easy to buy in to him. He's a well developed prospect, proven in the ahl and ready for the nhl. I'd spend a second round pick on that kind of asset any day.

Yup, he played out junior and spent the last three seasons developing in the minors, playing with Toffoli and Pearson centering the top line in the AHL. Not bad for a 4th round pick. Played some with the Kings last year but had to keep being sent down for cap reasons. They have no room for him and wanted McKeown.

Our 2nd would have likely taken 3-4 years to reach the same point, but we get a young and ready player now.

After hearing his name and watching a little video, i figured we realistically would have a Hal Gill-like NHLer in him. But after seeing (and hearing) that his skating is already miles better that Gill's ever was I am very interested in this guy.

• Upvote 1

Guest Dasein

Sounds like he can skate well for his size, so I think the biggest thing that this guy needs is conditioning.

I would prefer him to play in the KHL for a couple years (and not try to get out of his contract). There is more of an emphasis on skating there because of the big ice. He will not only learn to skate better but also to be better positionally. And then come over play a year in the AHL to get accustomed to NA playing style and then make the jump to the NHL at age 23.

Plus there's not as much pressure on him. He'll come to the NHL with far more money in his pocket than his counterparts because he's been earning good money in the KHL. I do not get the feeling this guy is all about the money. With earning substantial money in the KHL he can bide him financial time.

Plus there's not as much pressure on him. He'll come to the NHL with far more money in his pocket than his counterparts because he's been earning good money in the KHL. I do not get the feeling this guy is all about the money. With earning substantial money in the KHL he can bide him financial time.

Do you know how much he is making in the KHL? I doubt it is much. The only advantage to his playing there would be emotional as no cultural shock. Better for Canucks if he came to NA and got used to it.

It would possibly prevent his staying in Russia later on. The better he gets the more the KHL will want

to keep him. If it was not such a corrupt country I would not worry as much. As a rule I have not much use for Russian players as core.

Do you know how much he is making in the KHL? I doubt it is much. The only advantage to his playing there would be emotional as no cultural shock. Better for Canucks if he came to NA and got used to it.

It would possibly prevent his staying in Russia later on. The better he gets the more the KHL will want

to keep him. If it was not such a corrupt country I would not worry as much. As a rule I have not much use for Russian players as core.

that sounds like a pretty dumb rule.