The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Brock Boeser on Sportsnet 650:

"I've said it all year, we have such a good group of guys. That goes a long way when you're battling on the ice. Our chemistry is good, and hopefully we can build off our win yesterday." 

On Miller and Myers: They're great guys off the ice, and they bring that veteran leadership. Some of us young guys look up to them, and we've learned a lot from them."

"Yesterday we came out and right from the start we were skating hard. That's how we earned those powerplays, and that gave us confidence. I thought we were zipping it around pretty well. The biggest thing for is being consistent."

"We've had a few times where we've had a lead and we've played on our heels. We know we need to be better in the third period and pushback more. Next time we're in that situations we can definitely be better."

On this season vs. last season: "It's a night and day difference. I feel really good this year, I feel confident out there, I feel like I'm moving well."

"I've been focusing on the 200 foot game, back-checking hard. When you block a shot it gives you confidence, you feel good and you can build off of that."

"We know in the locker room that we can make the playoffs. We all know the type of style we need to play to get two points every night. We're learning from some of these losses."

On playing the Capitals: "We know we lost a point the last time we played them. It's an afternoon game so we're all dialed in and ready to go." 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Brock Boeser passes a non-boring Monahan to move into 62nd in all-time Canuck scoring.

61.  Sergio Momesso LW 269 68 73 141
62.  Brock Boeser RW 166 69 71 140
63.  Garry Monahan LW 287 58 82 140
64.  Garth Butcher D 610 33 107 140

5 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

Miller and Brock are about the same size but Miller seems like a more physical player.  Could Brock do some work on the physical part of the game?

Brock is a sniper.  His physical play is okay.  He gets his body in good positions on the D side of his check.  

Lack of speed and puck handling is why Boeser is struggling a wee bit 5 on 5. On the PP with all the time and space he is still super dangerous. Other teams are shadowing Petey and Boeser like crazy though. They have no time and space so Boeser needs to be able to make plays carrying the puck. Sadly he doesn't have the speed or the hands to really do anything with it. His passes are looking pretty sloppy and when he tries to dangle it doesn't end well. People say Jake has a lot to learn from Miller, I think Boeser would benefit just as much if not more from Miller if he emulates more of his game.

I dunno how easy it is to get faster, so I won't just say "get faster Boeser" cause I imagine it's not that simple or else everyone would be out there like Larkin and McDavid. But it really would go along way if he developed his puck handling and passing skills. He has good size but no speed or hands to do anything in combination with that shot. Daniel Sedin was slow but he was tough on his skates and had some great puck handling. It offset the fact teams were on his ass all game.

Boeser is having a good season. I don't wanna sound like I am trashing him cause he and Petey are having good seasons scoring wise but sometimes watching them 5 on 5 it's clear the other team knows what to do to get them off their game. Imagine Petey tougher on his skates and Boeser with better puck handling? They'd be a top 2/3 line in the league. They haven't reached their potential yet and that's what is scary about them. 

• Upvote 2

Boeser has been abysmal lately to say the least and everyone secretly knows it but doesn't want to admit it because he's one of the golden boys in the team. He's been cruising of late 5-on-5, racking up cheap points on the PP but he's not skating as well as he has usually, doesn't have the drive and his passes are ruining the play for the rest of the top line. Whether it be due to his father or something else, I think Green has to try and change things up a bit.

Leivo and Pettersson looked good, why not simply swap Leivo for Boeser for a few games and see what happens? Boeser looks like he needs a shakeup or wakeup call.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

Brock "slumpin" his way into 58th in all-time Canuck scoring.  Can you believe he's already played 170 games in a Canuck jersey already?

57.  Gary Lupul LW 293 70 75 145
58.  Brock Boeser RW 170 70 74 144
59.  Chris Higgins LW 295 61 83 144
60.  Igor Larionov C 210 51 92 143

20 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Lack of speed and puck handling is why Boeser is struggling a wee bit 5 on 5. On the PP with all the time and space he is still super dangerous. Other teams are shadowing Petey and Boeser like crazy though. They have no time and space so Boeser needs to be able to make plays carrying the puck. Sadly he doesn't have the speed or the hands to really do anything with it. His passes are looking pretty sloppy and when he tries to dangle it doesn't end well. People say Jake has a lot to learn from Miller, I think Boeser would benefit just as much if not more from Miller if he emulates more of his game.

I dunno how easy it is to get faster, so I won't just say "get faster Boeser" cause I imagine it's not that simple or else everyone would be out there like Larkin and McDavid. But it really would go along way if he developed his puck handling and passing skills. He has good size but no speed or hands to do anything in combination with that shot. Daniel Sedin was slow but he was tough on his skates and had some great puck handling. It offset the fact teams were on his ass all game.

Boeser is having a good season. I don't wanna sound like I am trashing him cause he and Petey are having good seasons scoring wise but sometimes watching them 5 on 5 it's clear the other team knows what to do to get them off their game. Imagine Petey tougher on his skates and Boeser with better puck handling? They'd be a top 2/3 line in the league. They haven't reached their potential yet and that's what is scary about them. 

He had the hands and passing ability during his rookie season. He always made the right play and barely ever gave it away like he does multiple times a game now. His shot is gone too. Had one of the hardest and most accurate wrist/snap shots and now it’s a muffin most of the time. His wrist is still heavily taped every game and I think the injuries and surgeries are affecting him even tho he says it’s fine. His skating always needed work but It used to be better and I remember him a few times going end to end and sniping a shot. Never see that anymore, and with that freak back injury I worry he won’t be able to improve his skating too much.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

He is almost a point per game and yet people are still doubting him.

I actually agree he can be better as well. Whether his intensity is lacking as a result of his father's condition or not, who knows. But I do believe we can see Brock be better than he is lately and believe we WILL see that at some point.

Nearly a point a game isn't exactly shabby in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Boeser has been abysmal lately to say the least and everyone secretly knows it but doesn't want to admit it because he's one of the golden boys in the team. He's been cruising of late 5-on-5, racking up cheap points on the PP but he's not skating as well as he has usually, doesn't have the drive and his passes are ruining the play for the rest of the top line. Whether it be due to his father or something else, I think Green has to try and change things up a bit.

Leivo and Pettersson looked good, why not simply swap Leivo for Boeser for a few games and see what happens? Boeser looks like he needs a shakeup or wakeup call.

It's true. -_- He didn't look all that good against Buffalo yesterday.

He'll get his mojo back I'm sure.

On 12/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, Alflives said:

Brock is a sniper.  His physical play is okay.  He gets his body in good positions on the D side of his check.  

So is Miller, he even leads the team in goals.  That says a lot about Boeser not performing as well as a sniper should, secondary assist don't cut it.  If he did learn to utilize some of Miller's game in his, i.e., his intensity, and some IQ, I think he may get better.

2 hours ago, gurn said:

He is almost a point per game and yet people are still doubting him.

No one is "doubting" him. Have you seen the games? None of what they're saying is false. Recently this season, his shots suck and his passes are sloppy but those "doubters" are still acknowledging his potential, his ability and the points he's put up. 

I am not worried about Boeser’s game play. He has been more physical this year, I think the injury in his rookie year made him a bit hesitant. Despite not playing up to these “standards” and “expectations” every has set for him, hes almost a point a game player... thats nothing to be concerned about if he’s been  “struggling”. Once he gets it going, hes going to be over a point a game.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, iBlueGreen said:

So is Miller, he even leads the team in goals.  That says a lot about Boeser not performing as well as a sniper should, secondary assist don't cut it.  If he did learn to utilize some of Miller's game in his, i.e., his intensity, and some IQ, I think he may get better.

give me a break!!! Boeser is doing fine, stop looking  for the bad about him.  he is third on the team in points.   Miller has been great , but even he misses passes and he is not perfect.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bree2 said:

give me a break!!! Boeser is doing fine, stop looking  for the bad about him.  he is third on the team in points.   Miller has been great , but even he misses passes and he is not perfect.  

Don’t you think people need to understand the respect Brock gets for his shot and draws defenders in to open up space for Miller, it’s not a mystery why Miller is having a career year.

Hint Attention to EP and BB does what for miller 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Don’t you think people need to understand the respect Brock gets for his shot and draws defenders in to open up space for Miller, it’s not a mystery why Miller is having a career year.

Hint Attention to EP and BB does what for miller 

In other news:

Miller is also an excellent player.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1