The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes

Nd1989

JB prob just showing interest in bc born players. Hoping to land some in free agency.  Bet this all star break is gonna spark some real trades. Could be an early deadline flurry. Moves and counter moves. 

Maybe be not maybe I am crae crae lol

Nope, . No,.. Nota,. No way..  I would rather throw a higher number to an up and coming RFA, than that same number to something on the decline.        Example .. Gudbranson, RFA end of this season, finishing off at 2.7m

ps.  And I don't care what position who plays where as a forward,. Grenier has better upside than Ladd.

8 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I would personally take Ladd over Lucic, and I'd be thrilled if we got Ladd, but I hope we don't trade for him. Wait for the free agent market. Unless Vrbata's going the other way.

If we could swap Burrows for Ladd, I wouldn't mind that. We'd probably have to add a late pick in but swapping a 34 year old Burrows for essentially a 2011 Burrows is fine with me. Jets get a leader back that they can afford and we get a guy that shores up the middle, more of just a hockey trade than anything. That being said though, I'd still pass and use that roster spot on someone like Okposo, Lucic, or Pirri if they could get them. Askin any more than Burrows and I say pass. 

1 minute ago, Boddy604 said:

If we could swap Burrows for Ladd, I wouldn't mind that. We'd probably have to add a late pick in but swapping a 34 year old Burrows for essentially a 2011 Burrows is fine with me. Jets get a leader back that they can afford and we get a guy that shores up the middle, more if juse a hocker tRade than anything. That being said though, I'd still pass and use that roster spot on someone like Okposo, Lucic, or Pirri if they could get them. Askin any more than Burrows and I say pass. 

Ladd's worth a lot more then Burr. We'd have to add at least a 2nd, at least.

Just now, HC20.0 said:

Ladd's worth a lot more then Burr. We'd have to add at least a 2nd, at least.

If that's the asking price then pass. If he was 27-28 then yes but almost 31? Signing him will just leave us with a more expensive Burrows in a couple years. Wrong direction to head in.

1 minute ago, Boddy604 said:

If that's the asking price then pass. If he was 27-28 then yes but almost 31? Signing him will just leave us with a more expensive Burrows in a couple years. Wrong direction to head in.

There is ZERO chance JB has interest in Ladd.  This is Winterpeg and Ladd's agent trying to create a market.  He will go to a Cup contender.

I feel like this may be the case of Andrew Ladd expressing interest in coming to the Canucks to play. Wouldn't be shocked if Ladd signs with Vancouver, hopefully for a hometown discount. If the Canucks can move Burrows as well as dump Vrbata's contract (and potentially get Hamhuis back at a hometown discount, again, only after trading him for assets).... I could legimitately see Ladd and Lucic (I really feel like he's a lock to come to Vancouver or else he'd have signed with LA by now) on the Canucks roster next year.

Sad part is, this would've been much better in 2010 and not now.

As with everyone else, we aren't a fit for trading for him... a low likelihood of even signing him as a UFA.

Florida seems like a perfect fit, they are real Cup contenders this year and have a great mix of veteran and young talent.  The know the time is right to really push the envelope to keep trying to go far, even if they don't win that experience will be invaluable over the next few years for their kids.

The other bonus to signing Ladd is that it puts Thornton in the press box for the playoffs :)

Montreal could probably use him as well to change up their mix for the better, but I think they are getting to the point of being too far down the road of imploding that their season is done anyways.

Archived