The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks In F Andrew Ladd Sweepstakes

Nd1989

23 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Naw really now? We should be loading up on  a stud D man but failing Lucic may be???

We do not need rentals right now we need real good D men period If JB kicks the tires an buys Ladd I will be disgusted totally real good.

Ladd simply not a fit. Not happening. He will want a contract that does not make sense. I do not know what goes on in Winnipeg I thought it was kane and yet they continue to struggle with some good talent. That might not be Ladd's fault but it is one more reason not to bite.

team needs defence WTF benning, watch the defence! We don't need Ladd, you already got Sutter who can play a similar role. On top of that you got a guy named Gaunce who should get a shot in the NHL. If this rumor is true, that is pretty sad the Canucks' are showing interest in Ladd when we already have so many grinders on the team like him.

1 hour ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

team needs defence WTF benning, watch the defence! We don't need Ladd, you already got Sutter who can play a similar role. On top of that you got a guy named Gaunce who should get a shot in the NHL. If this rumor is true, that is pretty sad the Canucks' are showing interest in Ladd when we already have so many grinders on the team like him.

What's sad is you taking some random rumour as having any sort of validity in what Benning is doing.  It might be different if he actually indicated any sort of interest.  Give the man just a bit more credit than that before going off on another one of your reactionary tirades as yet another excuse to bash him.

44 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

What's sad is you taking some random rumour as having any sort of validity in what Benning is doing.  It might be different if he actually indicated any sort of interest.  Give the man just a bit more credit than that before going off on another one of your reactionary tirades as yet another excuse to bash him.

But the rumor is an E-5! :lol:

11 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

What If they traded all Vrbata, Hamhuis, Prust, Higgins and Hansen this year. Would there be enough money to sign two of Ladd, Okposo or Lucic? Then the following year sign one of Burns or Shattenkirk.

No.

Ps: Burns isn't getting to free agency.

3 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

When you're heading into the all star break and there's lots of RUMOURS and SPECULATION... you better bring a towel!.....

wanna get high?

(I think u need it )

17 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Read the article. It's nothing but speculation because Ladd is from BC.

Benning won't be giving up assets for a potential rental.

Florida on the other hand would likely offer up Pirri, since they are rumored to be looking for a gritty forward.

That sounds more likely. No idea why we'd trade for him when the Jets would want decent assets in return.

18 hours ago, Nd1989 said:

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/947046

Canucks/panthers apparently in on Ladd if he goes on block.

what would you all be willing to give for Ladd.

OP, do everyone a favour when you make a thread and put an excerpt from the article in your post as well as the link. Your title and comment alone make it seem like we've already pitched an offer to Winnipeg when it's just analysts searching for a fit.

Would be surprised if the Canucks gave up assets for Ladd.  Don't mind him on the team but not sure how he would fit without pushing one of the young guys out.

I might be in the minority but I would prefer Ladd over Lucic (if the Canucks do go after either of them).  I don't have a problem with Lucic but I think Ladd plays a more consistent, hard working game.

Archived