The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael DiPietro | G

Canucksin2013

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm wondering if this current call up for Demko is because DiPietro is trending to becoming very good?  Are we giving Demko a couple months before the coming TDL to see what we have with him at the NHL level?  Is this in preparation for the Seattle expansion draft, and Demko (or DiPietro) could be traded?

Well, at this point, neither are assets we’d like to lose without a substantial return.  So, I suppose they’d like to see what they have in Demko before they have to cough up a free goalie.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Well, at this point, neither are assets we’d like to lose without a substantial return.  So, I suppose they’d like to see what they have in Demko before they have to cough up a free goalie.

If I remember correctly, we only get to protect one goalie, so that's either Marky or Demko, right?  

do not know where to put this but its an organizational ranking of prospects

https://dobberprospects.com/2018-19-organizational-prospects-rankings/

I think after this season with Demko, madden, Hughes, DiPietro, jasek all doing well we are probably top 1-3 in the league in terms of prospects but our U-23 roster players might not be as good as other teams and are probably more like top 10

U-23 VAN

Petey

Horvat

Boesser

Virtanen

demko

U-23 BUF

eichel

reinhart

dahlin

mittelstadt

ristoleinen

tage thompson

42 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

do not know where to put this but its an organizational ranking of prospects

https://dobberprospects.com/2018-19-organizational-prospects-rankings/

I think after this season with Demko, madden, Hughes, DiPietro, jasek all doing well we are probably top 1-3 in the league in terms of prospects but our U-23 roster players might not be as good as other teams and are probably more like top 10

U-23 VAN

Petey

Horvat

Boesser

Virtanen

demko

U-23 BUF

eichel

reinhart

dahlin

mittelstadt

ristoleinen

tage thompson

Don't forget Juolevi and Dahlen.

• Like 1

With Ian Clark working with the goalies again and seeing the difference with Markstroms play is exciting.

Clark has had 6 months fine tuning parts of Markstroms game and its noticeable. Markstrom is winning games not those soft goals, stands up more, better tracking the puck, body more square.. Markstrom 29, 6'6 he has 5-6 good years in him..

We have future #1 Demko working his skills to become a top 10 NHL goalie in the next few years future is bright and exciting in goal position..

I see Dipietro who turns 20 years old in June playing 2-3 years in Utica. Dipietro has a bright future also.

Next  season Markstrom 55 games

Demko        27 games

Utica      Dipietro       45 games --

On 1/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, aGENT said:

Markstrom's not even under contract for when the ED will be. Getting a bit ahead of ourselves there.

Seattle cannot take 30 goalies so chances are whoever Vancouver exposes will be just fine (assuming it is Markstrom).    

10 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Seattle cannot take 30 goalies so chances are whoever Vancouver exposes will be just fine (assuming it is Markstrom).    

Losing Markstrom but making room for Demko would be a fine result from the expansion draft.  

Marky could take Clark with him, jo one knows his weaknesses better than Vancouver.  Plus we dont lose a defense man and Marky is not going outlast Demko here.