The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Colorado doesn't qualify Grigorenko

Provost

1 hour ago, Jaku said:

This is very surprising. He's still quite young, even if he doesn't turn into a top line player he could still be a decent middle six player. Give him a shot JB! 

There have been rumours that Grigorenko isn't actually as young as he says he is. He is listed as being born in 1994, but it's been reported in the past that he might actually be at least a couple of years older. 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

We could ice three Russians to entice Tryamkin back :)

Goldobin-Grigorenko-Yakupov

(that that I would really put them together)

1 hour ago, Pears said:

This is pretty surprising. We should be looking at both Grigorenko and Yakupov. 

This. Like provost mentioned, maybe this would help that traitor tree to come back? More follow Russians on the team. 

At this point we might as well trade for Ovechkin too! 

5 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

There have been rumours that Grigorenko isn't actually as young as he says he is. He is listed as being born in 1994, but it's been reported in the past that he might actually be at least a couple of years older. 

I did read something about that just before he was drafted. Wouldn't that be something.

I also heard on NHL radio about a month ago that he is thinking about going to the KHL. The Avs may not have qualified him for that reason. 

1 hour ago, BaerToBo said:

Not sure if we have room for him on our roster for him but honestly if nothing else we should give him a canp invite to see if he could crack our roster

Honestly I think it might make more sense to sign guys like him a Yak to one year contracts and have the Canucks young guys play together in Utica. 1) Trade pieces for the TDL if the signed players play well, 2) Canuck prospects get more practice and training time in the AHL, and 3) build up the chemistry between the prospects while in the AHL.

Even a guy like Boeser who can clearly play in the NHL would benefit from some time in the AHL. No need to rush, have him and Virtanen play together in the AHL and then get called up as needed. Less pressure.

1 hour ago, pluralsight said:

How does this even work? Does he have an illegitimate birth certificate?

Archived