The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Derrick Pouliot | #5 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

If not for the Canucks complete lack of quality defenceman Pouliot has been given 2 seasons of valuable prime time NHL minutes. I think he has grown just enough to figure out how to stick around the league for the next 5-6 years after the Canucks cut him loose. It’s a shame we couldn’t have invested that time into another player who is part of the Canucks future. It could very well be Sautner’s time to take over. If so , so long to the Poo.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

But, he was an 8th overall draft pick :rolleyes:and we need defencemen 

Enough was enough though

We could get Haydn Fleury to make us feel better about Virtanen! He's even getting valuable playoff experience as we speak! Unlike Pouliot, he was drafted 7th overall so he should be much better.... ;)

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Thank God Pooalot is gone!!

Now just to dump about 3 or 4 others....

....Loui - we see you there....behind that rock...hiding.....GET IN THE DAMN CAB WITH POO!!

Lou's too busy in the loo to go with poo. He got told to go green and thought that meant to go to the outhouse. Now he's complaining about lack of time out of the outhouse....

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, kloubek said:

As happy as I am to not see him back, can someone please explain to me why we wouldn't do a qualify and trade for a 4th scenario?

He's not worth a 4th? I'm not sure he'd get any picks right now.

2 hours ago, kloubek said:

As happy as I am to not see him back, can someone please explain to me why we wouldn't do a qualify and trade for a 4th scenario?

Technically we could still trade his rights up to June 30th if there's any interest. Probably not much difference in value either (a 7th, maybe 6th...?).

22 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He's not worth a 4th? I'm not sure he'd get any picks right now.

Yeah fine... A 4th is optimistic.  But if we could get anything at all, I figured it would make sense to at least qualify him.

12 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Yeah fine... A 4th is optimistic.  But if we could get anything at all, I figured it would make sense to at least qualify him.

Benning probably tried to trade him with no success.  If they qualify him they'll have no choice than to honour the contract even if there are no takers.  He's on a 1-way at 1.1M and it uses up a contract spot.  This season the Canucks were right up at the 50 contract limit.  

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Ho ho... Didn't no one notice the horrendeus style of play Green adapted? Dump the puck and leave the goalie and maybe one defender for themselves when the counterattack came? Only the best of the best defenders/goalies can handle those situations when playing against the best. 

By the way, Pouliot was only - 1 last season. How did he manage that if he was so bad as people say he was?