The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kole Lind signs amateur try-out contract with Utica

OK, I know earlier today I said there should be no new threads due to the Sedin announcement, but then this happened.

http://www.uticacomets.com/news/detail/comets-sign-forward-kole-lind-to-an-amateur-tryout-contract/

Utica, NY – Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club signed forward Kole Lind to an amateur tryout contract.

Is this just a way for Lind to get in some games with Utica without impacting his NHL contract?  A loop-hole of sorts?  And since he wasn't on the Comets roster at the trade deadline, isn't he ineligible for the AHL playoffs?

14 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

OK, I know earlier today I said there should be no new threads due to the Sedin announcement, but then this happened.

http://www.uticacomets.com/news/detail/comets-sign-forward-kole-lind-to-an-amateur-tryout-contract/

Utica, NY – Utica Comets General Manager Ryan Johnson announced today that the club signed forward Kole Lind to an amateur tryout contract.

Is this just a way for Lind to get in some games with Utica without impacting his NHL contract?  A loop-hole of sorts?  And since he wasn't on the Comets roster at the trade deadline, isn't he ineligible for the AHL playoffs?

His NHL contract begins next season, so for the remainder of this season he's on an AHL ATO. Plus, I think the playoff roster eligibility at the trade deadline only applies to playrs with an NHL contract which Kole doesn't for 2017-18, so he should be eligible for the playoff run. 

16 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Motte, Sautner Boucher and Goldobin too!

Boucher is out for the season with a broken hand.  I am hoping Gadjovich will get the same opportunity once his OHL season is over.  

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Psst hey Utica the calvary is coming! Demko and Lind. 

So Demko, Lind, Gadjovich soon as his team won't beat SSM, Dahlen, Juolevi D, Bassard 6'3 D..

From Canucks, Goldobin, Boucher, Motte, Saunter..They could have a good run..

Excited for Kole Lind 6'1 180lbs, great hand and hockey smarts, great scorer.. playoffs  GP 4 - 8 PTS

Regular season 96 PTS - 58 GP

Go Kole just have fun and let thinks happen, prove all those scouts they made a mistake....

Next yr he will add more muscle 6'1, 192... Should play some NHL games next year say 15..

2019-2020 full time Canuck....

3 hours ago, wildcam said:

So Demko, Lind, Gadjovich soon as his team won't beat SSM, Dahlen, Juolevi D, Bassard 6'3 D..

From Canucks, Goldobin, Boucher, Motte, Saunter..They could have a good run..

As borvat pointed out no boucher. As for brassard...

Screenshot_20180402-233847.jpg

Archived