The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs to sign C Par Lindholm

52 minutes ago, ohmy said:

No hes played right wing all year besides a 10 game stint at Centre. 

Well **** me.  I totally was pegging him in at LW if we didn't utilize him as a center.  Now we REALLY need to use him as center, since Boeser is clearly our #1 rw.

Just now, kloubek said:

Well **** me.  I totally was pegging him in at LW if we didn't utilize him as a center.  Now we REALLY need to use him as center, since Boeser is clearly our #1 rw.

Good thing is that Pettersson is a natural playmaker. He even admits that he considers himself a passer more than a shooter.

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

If weenies like Ehlers and other tinies like Bratt, Kerfoot, Arvidsson, etc. can make it then there's no issue.

What exactly would Pettersson have had to do to convince you that he's ready?  His stats blew away the aforementioned and he lead his team in the playoffs, which were far from being no-hitters.  This whole "not strong enough, send him to Utica" fable is silly.

His play will convince me. If he comes in and earns it and plays well, then good for him and he should make it. If he comes over and is getting pushed around and cant play his game because he isn't strong enough yet, then he will be in Utica. 

If you go into next year expecting him to make it and succeed, then you may be disappointed. One needs to be open to other possibilities and not so close minded. 

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

His play will convince me. If he comes in and earns it and plays well, then good for him and he should make it. If he comes over and is getting pushed around and cant play his game because he isn't strong enough yet, then he will be in Utica. 

If you go into next year expecting him to make it and succeed, then you may be disappointed. One needs to be open to other possibilities and not so close minded. 

Pettersson is way better off playing up here.  The Better skilled guys he plays with, the better he will develop. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Pettersson is way better off playing up here.  The Better skilled guys he plays with, the better he will develop. 

Im not arguing his skill. No one could do that lol. Im referring to his ability to play against some of the best athletes in the world and compete every night.

Also there will be plenty of skilled prospects in utica that he could develop with. Dahlen, Lind, Gadjovich, Juolevi?, Jasek?, Motte?, MacEwen, 2018 1st?

A Dahlen-Pettersson-Lind line would be pretty fun to watch!

6 hours ago, Captain Azzy said:

Gaunce has earned nothing - other than the 13th forward spot.

As for Cassels, he's never going to play an NHL game. He's an AHL lifer. So any guy who can score at nearly a PPG in Sweden is clearly going to have a better shot than him.

Who did you used to be?

8 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Good centre depth that would come cheap. Nothing wrong with that.

Would allow for Pettersson and Gaudette to play in Utica if needed.

What makes you think he will make the Canucks?? His stats are nothing special in Sweden...

We need a # 2 centre so he would not fill that position...

We have lots of extra centres for 3 and 4 th line, Gaudette, Sutter, Gagner, ( Grandlund -W -C)

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

I agree, I could see him struggle in the AHL if he doesn't play with skilled, smart players. I think he's going to be a bit like a Sedin, but a bit easier to play with.

3 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I agree, I could see him struggle in the AHL if he doesn't play with skilled, smart players. I think he's going to be a bit like a Sedin, but a bit easier to play with.

You think in the SHL he plays with guys a significantly higher caliber higher than the AHL?  Not likely.  AHL players are often fringe NHL players.  In Sweden, if they were good enough to be in the NHL they probably would be with the exception of really young newcomers.  (Such as himself).

6 minutes ago, kloubek said:

You think in the SHL he plays with guys a significantly higher caliber higher than the AHL?  Not likely.  AHL players are often fringe NHL players.  In Sweden, if they were good enough to be in the NHL they probably would be with the exception of really young newcomers.  (Such as himself).

I guess I just meant playing with 3rd and 4th liners, but I get your point.

Big yes on Lindholm.

NHLe (Wilson Method) says his SHL scoring this past season is equivalent to 53 points over 82 games in the NHL. 

Centred what was arguably the most dominant line in the SHL. This is both a good and bad thing, as far as projecting him. The good is that he’s proven he can mesh well with elite level SHL players. The bad is that his production may have been inflated a bit by playing on a stacked line. And his wingers (Oscar Möller and multiple SHL MVP Jocke Lindström) are former NHLers who never quite achieved the production that their NHLe would have predicted, which is an obvious caveat when using these stats to take a stab at Lindholm’s likely NHL numbers.

Still, he’s a good player who’s impressed me in the viewings I’ve had on him this year (well, at least until he and Skellefteå got steamrolled by Pettersson and Växjö in the SHL finals ;)).

Lots of skill, as you’ll see in the highlight clips, and plays a pretty good two-way game and brings a decent level of grit as well.

He’s also way bigger than he’s listed on sites like Elite Prospects.

SHL.se has him at 190cm and 90kg (around 6’3” and 200 lbs), which is obviously very good size for an NHL centreman.

Archived