The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Hurricanes trade Elias Lindholm, Noah Hanifin to Flames for Dougie Hamilton, Micheal Ferland, Adam Fox

Just now, Alflives said:

Ferland is a top minute and top line guy, who’s physical play and skill change games.  It’s like the Caps moving Tom .wilson.  Is Calgary going in to tank mode?

i think people under rate the guy.  Hes fast , hits like a truck and he scored 21 goals last year.  Sure he was playing with Johnny and Monahan but 20+ goals is nothing to sneeze at.  I was hoping we could get our hands on a guy like him...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Toughness can be replaced. They can go out and sign Reeves or Roussel if they feel the need.

neither one of those guys is going to score 15-20 in addition to the toughness and grit

• Upvote 1

Calgary big time won this trade. I think Hamilton is overrated, imo Hanafin looks to be an upgrade there. 

Fox the jury is still out on, he has potential though it sounds like.

Lindholm is probably the  best player in the trade, or has the potential to be anyway.

And Ferland sucks.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nooks said:

Ferland had as many points as Lindholm last year in less games and Calgary is SO weak on the right side up front. (Ferland, Foo, Brouwer, Lazar) They must be thinking about using him as a winger.  

Hamilton (career +22) had 12 more points than Hanifin (career -53) last year

Both of the above players are RFA and will need massive raises.

Calgary also throws in a A/B prospect with Fox

Do not understand how anyone thinks this is good for CGY.

Totally agree with your post.  Flame’s fans must be jumping off their roves into the snow banks, without bug spray.  :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

Totally agree with your post.  Flame’s fans must be jumping off their roves into the snow banks, without bug spray.  :lol:

grab some popcorn and goto calgary puck...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Hamilton has been traded twice already. There is something there that we can't see, obviously, that teams do not like. I am not that high on Ferland I think he benefits a lot from his linemates. I really liked Lindholm and if Hanifin can turn it around in Calgary this could be a pretty large lopsided trade.

Hamilton did not want to re-sign in Boston - they had no choice but to trade him.  They believed that Chiarelli would get him to sign an offer sheet.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Ferland will look pretty damn good with Svechnikov.

Carolina an't playing. I predicted there gonna make a splash at the draft and in free agency. I think the budget cuts on management and coaching is to free up $$ to sign some players. Their owner is dedicated i expected they go hard after JVR

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Hamilton has been traded twice already. There is something there that we can't see, obviously, that teams do not like. I am not that high on Ferland I think he benefits a lot from his linemates. I really liked Lindholm and if Hanifin can turn it around in Calgary this could be a pretty large lopsided trade.

Well, then I guess you are a Flames fan as I am a Canes fan and I LOVE this trade.   Fox alone is an insane return as he projects to be Noah and more.   Lindholm is a good player but disappears if there is traffic.   

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I think Calgary wins this unfortunately. Ferland, to me, is a player that will come crashing down to earth next year since he will no longer be on a line with Johnny G and Monahan.

Not according to the fans at CalgaryPuck. The pitchforks are out in force over there. Here's how they view it:

• Hamilton > Hanifin
  • Ferland outscored Lindholm
  • And they have to give out one of their top prospects in Adam Fox

I personally think given Hamilton's D deficiencies that he's not as good as what the Flames make him out to be. Hanifin still has room to grow. And as you said, Ferland's numbers were primarily due to where he was playing. Lindholm was a very high draft pick and gives the Flames another C. Adam Fox may have been needed to balance out the discrepancy in talent between Ferland and Lindholm. 

I call this one a wash. As to whether it makes them better, it really depends on how much more Hanifin develops.

7 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

i think people under rate the guy.  Hes fast , hits like a truck and he scored 21 goals last year.  Sure he was playing with Johnny and Monahan but 20+ goals is nothing to sneeze at.  I was hoping we could get our hands on a guy like him...

Exactly!! And he made that line a lot tougher to play against. Roussel or Reeves can't replace what he did on that line. I for one will sleep better tonight knowing Ferland has gone to the East. 

• Upvote 2