The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL sets Draft Lottery date

11 hours ago, Fanuck said:

April 9th - when we officially get to draft 9th lol..........

Not sure if we've lost position in every 'new lottery' draft or not. I think we may have stayed in position one year, but it is starting to jade ( no such verb, but who cares ) even the 'glass is half full' crowd ( aka....me ! )

14 hours ago, coastal.view said:

why the heck are the two threads started around the same time not merged as normally happens on cdc?

why was the other thread just erased ?

please explain ?

The CDC has created its own AI based on all the posts.  When two posts are created about the same subject this thing looks at both, considers who’s more popular and deletes the other one.  

Was just looking to see if a thread was been made about this topic and was going to start one if it hadn’t because it’s definitely a date all fans should circle on the calendar.  Good thing I noticed one first or my thread would be headed for the garbage basket. Ha ha.  Good point I laughed when I saw your post.

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We will get the first overall pick and Benning will choose Kaapo Kakko and then Quinn will ask for a trade to Colorado...  ^_^

Or we draft J Hughes, management decides it doesn’t like how Quin is asking for pro games without any games in the AHL first, decides he’s entitled and trades him to join Dahlen for Donski and a 7th rounder. 

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We will get the first overall pick and Benning will choose Kaapo Kakko and then Quinn will ask for a trade to Colorado...  ^_^

As much as I would love the Hughes brothers here, receiving Makar back in a deal and having Kakko/Makar instead would not make me upset at all...

23 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Not sure if we've lost position in every 'new lottery' draft or not. I think we may have stayed in position one year, but it is starting to jade ( no such verb, but who cares ) even the 'glass is half full' crowd ( aka....me ! )

Since the start of the current draft lottery format in 2016, we've dropped at least one position every year:

2016:  Jets and CBJ jump ahead of Oilers and us to push us down from 3rd to 5th; total of 2 spots moved down

2017:  Devils, Flyers (3rd least likely odds to win #1), and Stars move ahead of Colorado and us to push us down from 2nd to 5th; total of 3 spots moved down

2018: Carolina jumps ahead to push us from 6th to 7th; total of 1 spot moved down

I expect the trend of teams to jump ahead of us to continue, especially since it will be a draft at home........ :(  #canuckluck

Archived