The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

10 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

So Dhaliwal DMs me after I told him he needs to use cap friendly. He goes back and forth with me and runs when I prove to him how little work he actually does. Lol!! 

I also explained to him that Roussel would be on LTIR to which he came back with it’s about term. I said well the Canucks have 22 mil in cap space next year and 46 the following so why is term an issue? Then he said bye lol

Must be Benning's plan to spend recklessly then lowball Boeser with the excuse "Well, we just don't have the money now.  We can give you a $5x2 bridge."

'Cuz that's how Benning rolls.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

Must be Benning's plan to spend recklessly then lowball Boeser with the excuse "Well, we just don't have the money now.  We can give you a $5x2 bridge."

Doug Wilson style. Sorry Labanc we only have 1 mil to sign you. 

• Cheers 1

I think Virtanen is the guy that goes to become the sweetener for a Sutter or Ericsson trade. He's the only on thats got decent value, and we have Leivo, Pearson, JT Miller, Roussel in December, Ferland. Utica has Linds and Gads, and Podz in 2 years. Virtanen and the guys I just mentioned are somewhat similar power forward types, somethings gotta give.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

And yes of course Benning told him this! Smh

13 minutes ago, fecklund said:

I hope Ferland and his style of play encourage Jake to get back to hitting more. 
Johansson ended up in the hospital with a bruised lung after this hit.... and while you don't wanna ever see anyone get seriously hurt, a few guys that can throw down like that on your team and you'll be pushing guys back without saying a word.

And some people wanted to sign Johansson! Love this signing by JB

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

Guys, the sky is falling in HFBoards. I can't believe they are complaining about this deal. So I think for them it's not the moves the team makes, but it's who is making them and their hatred for JB.

This coming season could be very hard for them.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

I think Virtanen is the guy that goes to become the sweetener for a Sutter or Ericsson trade. He's the only on thats got decent value, and we have Leivo, Pearson, JT Miller, Roussel in December, Ferland. Utica has Linds and Gads, and Podz in 2 years. Virtanen and the guys I just mentioned are somewhat similar power forward types, somethings gotta give.

Jake’s going no where. He now has a mentor.

the Canucks have cap room. They have 5 mil + Roussel on LTIR plus 1.9 in Schaller, 1.5 in Leivo etc. They have 22 mil in space next year and 46 mil the year after. There is no cap issue that requires giving up young potential to get rid of contracts. Schaller and Leivo are easily moved given their contracts at worst. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Only 27, 31 when the contract ends, can play up and down the lineup, score 15-20, hits like a truck and is tough as nails. $3.5 million seems like a pretty good deal to me. Of course, perhaps I'm paranoid or have a persecution complex, but I don't see the league letting Ferland run all over the ice like back in 2015 without countless charging calls.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

Guys, the sky is falling in HFBoards. I can't believe they are complaining about this deal. So I think for them it's not the moves the team makes, but it's who is making them and their hatred for JB.

This is why I don't follow HF Boards. It's where the fans with unrealistic expectations go to vent about how their fantasy world's getting shattered. lol

EDIT:: If you try and say anything good there you get hounded on as well, so there's not even a point in arguing with them.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, fecklund said:

I hope Ferland and his style of play encourage Jake to get back to hitting more. 
Johansson ended up in the hospital with a bruised lung after this hit.... and while you don't wanna ever see anyone get seriously hurt, a few guys that can throw down like that on your team and you'll be pushing guys back without saying a word.

So glad we got Ferland and not Marcus Johansson....  Ferland costs less and offers more!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1