The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Nov 12 2019 7pm Pacific - Watch live on SNP

Rate this topic

xereau

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

why put Miller on Bo's line, why not just leave Petey's line alone!!!

21 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Yeah, it makes sense to split them up since these are the only 4 players scoring right now. Rather than the D only having to contend with shutting down one line now they have to deal with 2 partial lines.  I seriously question putting Leivo on the top line, but other than that good move by TG. 

This puts legit threats on two lines. Beartchi is not a game changer alone and having support from Miller and Bo should help him out. I seem to recall Bo and Baert having success with a skilled Boes on the line.

Petey and Boes only need a guy to dig the puck out of the corners and make room for them to do their magic. Leivo might be OK.

5 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Ya but at the end the year Quinn will be home with a Calder Trophy, and that will even it out

Which would be worse for Jack as that's something he will never win. There will be future seasons that Quinn can outdo Jack in.

• Cheers 1

So...finally an oponent whos strategy is not "difficult" as jets or Devils. This one feels better even if the oposition is a strong one, one of the better in the league id say. Hoping the team comes together and gets some of those simple goals that are much needed for the W. 

Id say its a win for the nucks, 4-2. Petey, Brock, Leivo, Bo with the goals. Huggybear with an assist. 

5 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Individuals games and or individual  accomplishments mean nothing really.  By the end of the season, the Canucks will have more points than the Devils and will see the postseason again before the Devils.  That's all that matters.

2 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Ya but at the end the year Quinn will be home with a Calder Trophy, and that will even it out

Very confident! I think the Canucks have better goaltending than the Devils (except when Blackwood plays the Canucks), but I'm not sure they'll finish better than the Devils. Jack is just getting comfortable, and starting to produce. I was at the NJ game on Sunday and man can that Jack skate. So effortless and fast. I don't believe Quinn will win the Calder, only because I can't see the NHL giving that award to the Canucks two years in a row. I'm sure he'll be nominated though, along with Jack. I watch a player like Hall, and I don't like him, but he plays to win. He'll run over anyone to make a play. I would like Virtanen to play more like Hall.  

14 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Miller and Petterson is a better pair than Boeser and Petty.

Killer Bs should be reunited if youre gunna spilt the lotto line.

Totally agree.  I forgot about the killer B line.  How well Bo worked with Boeser before Petey even came here.

Just from my own eye test, I like the Pettersson / Miller, and the Bo / Boeser lineup.  

Also, an 80% Beagle is better than a 100% Eriksson. I hope he can play.

A challenge for the Nucks.

The Preds are another team that are experienced playoff contenders.

As the US Thanksgiving day nears separation starts becoming more prevalent.

Playoff teams start getting it together and pushing a little harder.

The Pred's window is still open but they must be feeling the closing of the door.

This is a game that the Canucks should take, the Pred's have been floundering in the last five games including an embarrassment in Colorado.

Both teams are rested and for the most part healthy.

The Canucks should have home ice advantage and win this one a I don't see them stretching their losing streak to 5 games

Anyone have Rinne's stats at 800 Griffiths Way*? I've always recalled the Canucks lighting him up in Vancouver. 

Since Remembrance day has now passed, it's ok to turn our attention to the festive season right? Why don't we light up Pekka tonight in honour of the holiday season?! ^_^

christmas tree GIF

*Formerly known as GM Place and briefly as Canada Hockey place when Roberto Florida put the country on his back making one golden save after another.

I see no reason calling it Rogers Arena as I don't support their company.  I don't think their Monopoly on hockey broadcasting is fair and it's just as corrupt as ICBC / Taxi Mafia. The only difference is, those only negatively impacts British Columbians... but the Rogers monopoly negatively affects anyone who isn't from Tarrrraaaaaaaaaaaaawwnaaa

They pretty much killed all the competition and cut all expenses on their regional studios to pay the NHL the money. Rogers has absolutely destroyed the quality of coverage for 75% of the country and no one bats an eyelash at them... this is not fair business. Nor are ICBC and the Taxi Mafia.

Wow this footnote turned into a pretty big rant! 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

Anyone have Rinne's stats at 800 Griffiths Way*? I've always recalled the Canucks lighting him up in Vancouver. 

Since Remembrance day has now passed, it's ok to turn our attention to the festive season right? Why don't we light up Pekka tonight in honour of the holiday season?! ^_^

christmas tree GIF

*Formerly known as GM Place and briefly as Canada Hockey place when Roberto Florida put the country on his back making one golden save after another.

I see no reason calling it Rogers Arena as I don't support their company.  I don't think their Monopoly on hockey broadcasting is fair and it's just as corrupt as ICBC / Taxi Mafia. The only difference is, those only negatively impacts British Columbians... but the Rogers monopoly negatively affects anyone who isn't from Tarrrraaaaaaaaaaaaawwnaaa

They pretty much killed all the competition and cut all expenses on their regional studios to pay the NHL the money. Rogers has absolutely destroyed the quality of coverage for 75% of the country and no one bats an eyelash at them... this is not fair business. Nor are ICBC and the Taxi Mafia.

Wow this footnote turned into a pretty big rant! 

I grew up in an era where you got SOME local broadcasts plus hockey night in Canada on Saturday’s.  The rest was radio.  We’re now in an age where you can literally watch any game from any market.  I have zero issue with how things are now. 

6 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Yep, Leivo has looked real poor this year.

Id like to give Virt a run in that spot. He plays his best on the left side and has been playing good physical hockey recently.

Honestly Greens line choices and consistent changing is what will be the death of him.

I agree fully with your post, terrible line ups if that’s what Green goes with..

3 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

This is a great stretch for the Canucks to evaluate who the passengers are on this team and for Bo to grow as the captain. 

Even TG’s line-blender has its positives in this regard. 

I hope Benning is intentionally fattening up his trade bait.

The timing of this adversity is fortuitous, all things considered, for the GM. 

Jake is among leaders in GWG. Cool. 

EP is still in the scoring race and the other top wingers are maintaining, like 25 others are, a Point per game pace. 

Scoring from the D continues to be a positive as has been the play of our goalie tandem. 

The Canucks are a team who loses in shootouts and OT.

Their record is actually pretty good when you look at goal differential and how they are in games until the end.

9-6-3 is a good record. 

Special teams are ok. They could be better. 

These are interesting times to observe the team and make our own predictions, etc. I’m having fun watching. No doom. No gloom. I don’t get where that comes from. 

It's a good outlook. Then when there's a lull in the team's trend, there are plenty of youth(various leagues) & the farm, all worth keeping tabs on.

From about 2014-2017ish, we didn't really have this backup. There wasn't yet faith in the product JB was restocking shelves with. Back then, we were all mostly stuck(traumatized?!) in the (recent) past. Angry at the riggeddeckleague.

When you have a decent team & a wealth of prospects, fans can alternate thinking between present/future. Huge difference.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, canuckspride said:

I am sorry to every Canucks fan. The team started to tank when I went on holiday to Australia. I owe everyone my sincerest apologies.

For this reason alone, I'll never return to this country.

Australia sux anyhows, it's all flat and dead and full of A holes....just saved you a trip

• Haha 1

“Teams that know your identity, know in the room if you play well or not. As a coach, you try and communicate and tell them what you think of their game, but there has to be a certain belief to have success. You want a team that gets it before you walk in the room and they do.” - Green

“You have to do that to win. If you want to win in the league and be offensive, you still have to go get the puck back... To hear someone say it from the outside, that a young player is doing it, that's what you want to hear.” - Green on Boeser battling for puck more

• Upvote 3