The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] How is Eriksson Not Waived?

Rate this topic

Provost

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

It’s becoming clear? How so? What exactly are you basing this new theory on? Other than wishful thinking I mean. There is certainly no proof of it. 

Couple things:  A poster said Dhaliwal said that Green wanted to send LE to Utica, but JB said no.  Also it’s obvious LE should go down.  In this case this adds up to something to the Luongo scenario in FLA.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Couple things:  A poster said Dhaliwal said that Green wanted to send LE to Utica, but JB said no.  Also it’s obvious LE should go down.  In this case this adds up to something to the Luongo scenario in FLA.  

Or, it could be that Benning wants to maintain a good relationship with Ericksson‘s agent. Or maybe the Aqulini’s aren’t on board with having a $6m player in the minors.  There are several possibilities.  Jumping to the conclusion that they have a handshake agreement for him to retire is just your preferred outcome. There is zero evidence that that’s the case 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Two reasons I will guess at;

One, he is a distraction for the team not doing well.

- the team has had the most power plays in the league

- the team has had the easiest schedule up to two days ago

- the team is still only 5 points out of 27th in the league

- the team has been mostly healthy, no major excuses

= the team has 2 wins in the last 10 games

Two, maybe he is tied to Benning somehow, if he goes then Benning goes.

The embarrassment is too great for Benning to allow him to be sent down, a hidden clause.

Benning actually believes Eriksson will come back and is needed for the cup run:lol:

Who knows, but if it wasn't for that dumb contract he would be gone. Every time he is out there blame Benning, the great evaluator of hockey talent

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Erikson is a lazy good for nothing Parasitic Boat-Anchor, sucking up valuable cap space.  He should be put on a barge and pushed off to sea!   He slows the team down, is dis-engaged, afraid to get in the play, constantly bent over - reaching out with his stick like a wimp and is a very bad example for the young guns.   The sooner he's gone "Forever" - the better!

NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE LOUI !   Get the hint...............

The dark, alter-ego of the famed poster, @apollo

:lol:

• Haha 3

If Eriksson is waved then we gotta waive Myers.

myers has been a somewhat effective pker he brings nothing else to the table. That sounds a lot like Eriksson to me and the catch? They both make six million. 

Myers is a liability he misses the net 6/7 times a game is on pace after 23 games for 0 goals and 15 assists with a -10 rating and gives the puck away 24/6 while taking costly penalties.

my point? You can’t wave everyone witha a bad contraCt.

if your GM is dumb enough to overpay guys you gotta cross your fingers like Dubas does

• Haha 3
  • Wat 4

6 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

The embarrassment is too great for Benning to allow him to be sent down, a hidden clause.

Benning actually believes Eriksson will come back and is needed for the cup run:lol:

Who knows, but if it wasn't for that dumb contract he would be gone. Every time he is out there blame Benning, the great evaluator of hockey talent

The team is also 5 points away from second in the league

You seem to have a very bad perspective to uphold your narrative that the Canucks are no good.

Like it or not, this team is a playoff team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

You have no credibility when it comes to you talking about "great evaluator". Your threads/posts are generally poorly thought out.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/23/2019 at 1:21 AM, Provost said:

I fully expected to see Eriksson on waivers today and sent to the farm.

I am not sure honestly what any argument against it could be at this point.

He isn’t penalty killing, he isn’t good defensively, he isn’t doing “the little things” right, he isn’t putting in the effort, he isn’t an option to fill in the top six during injuries, he no longer has the trust of his coach (look at his minutes when he is in the lineup).

When you are outplayed by a fringe guy like Graovac... you are done.

Maybe he retires rather than reporting to Utica, maybe not... but it should be tried.  It is startling how different the success of the entire team hinges on all four lines pushing the pace.  When we have lost that from our 4th line, suddenly the top two lines start faltering as well... maybe because they are focussed on more.

Sorry for a bit of a rant, but to me it is really inconceivable that the team hasn’t played hardball yet with this player.

Does anyone have an argument FOR Eriksson remaining now?  Mentoring Petterson doesn’t fly for me to keep a valuable roster spot... especially with the impending return of Roussel 

My guess is that they don’t want his lackluster attitude to negatively influence the kids.    Once Roussel returns, and if the Canucks have a 100% healthy line-up at some point during the year, then I think you’ll see Eriksson get sent down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

If Eriksson is waved then we gotta waive Myers.

myers has been a somewhat effective pker he brings nothing else to the table. That sounds a lot like Eriksson to me and the catch? They both make six million. 

Myers is a liability he misses the net 6/7 times a game is on pace after 23 games for 0 goals and 15 assists with a -10 rating and gives the puck away 24/6 while taking costly penalties.

my point? You can’t wave everyone witha a bad contraCt.

if your GM is dumb enough to overpay guys you gotta cross your fingers like Dubas does

And there it is again. Your obsession of Myers is starting to borderline on creepy - especially after he saved us two points against the best team in the league - (OH I bet that burned your britches to watch) with a certain goal and played on his off wing top minutes against the best in the world with Edler out.   Speaking of which now he will get some PP time and perhaps start getting some points.   He’s not nearly as bad as you keep trying to make him out to be - glad your not pro scouting for the team. 

• Cheers 3

10 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

My guess is that they don’t want his lackluster attitude to negatively influence the kids.    Once Roussel returns, and if the Canucks have a 100% healthy line-up at some point during the year, then I think you’ll see Eriksson get sent down.

This exactly.  With  CS and Ladd recently sent down - I’m pretty sure both TG and JB aren’t too worried about optics - it’s not like the rest of the league wouldn’t understand the move.  It saves the team a bit of money and gives us a chance to test other depth options.  Once that happens Leivo can get the CDCs full attention as the teams most picked on player. 

• Cheers 3

On 11/22/2019 at 9:49 AM, Alflives said:

Firstly I think any player who already previously cleared waivers this season must play 10 games or be up for 30 days before they need waivers again to go down.  

As for LE, It's becoming kind of clear that he has a gentleman's agreement to retire after his 2020 July bonus, providing JB/Aquilini keep him on the big club for this full season.  

Where did you get this from? 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

for those wanting to know why pouie hasn’t been waved, i wish they would go ask JB why and stop beating a dead horse on here. 

It is really too bad that you don't have an option not to click on threads you don't care about.

I am so sorry you are being forced, upon pain of death, to read and participate and not just scroll by.

It is so great that you are adding posts of such thought and substance to the conversation....

• Haha 2